UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Sw Mix Tank

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RustyReid
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
RustyReid

Favorite Fish: : The Kind That Swims

Sw Mix Tank Empty
PostSubject: Sw Mix Tank   Sw Mix Tank Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 8:16 pm

Ok on the 75g I want to put some coral is their mostly I want it bright If anyone could make a list of what i would need to get or what would be the best things to get I would app. it I know I need to add salt and Live Rock but if anyone could make me a detailed list that would be awsome so I can print copy it and print it out! Thanks Everyone !

Rusty
Back to top Go down

Sw Mix Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sw Mix Tank   Sw Mix Tank Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 9:26 pm

what you need as far as what? lights? supplements? actual corals?
Back to top Go down
RustyReid
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
RustyReid

Favorite Fish: : The Kind That Swims

Sw Mix Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sw Mix Tank   Sw Mix Tank Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 9:32 pm

lighting and will I have to take my canopy off and leave it off, or can i leave it on like to change from what i have now

Live Rock and how much
Power Heads and how many
Protien Skimmer and what kind
Stuff like that to change it over from where it is now what all will I need?
Back to top Go down

Sw Mix Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sw Mix Tank   Sw Mix Tank Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 10:42 pm

ok lighting depends on type of corals you want to keep and depth of tank, a 4 bulb T5 HO setup or mhetal halides would be good choices. T5's will allow you to keep most corals as long as you place them correctly.

live rock, use 1 to 2 lbs per gallon so for a 75 gallon tank you want 75 to 150 lbs.

powereads, again depends on corals you keep but a rule of thumb is the powerheads deliver 7x or more turnover an hour meaning that if you had 1 powerhead adn your tank was say a 10 gallon tank you would want your powerhead to have a flow rate of 70 GPH (this is an example and simplified of course). i would use 2 koralia 3's or a koralia 2 and a koralia 3 in a 75 gallon tank.

protien skimmer, do you have a sump/fuge? of not you are reduced to only a hang on type of skimmer. with that said i like the coralife units which can be used in sump OR hang on tank. i would recommend the coralife super skimmer 125 for a 75 gallon tank.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

Sw Mix Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sw Mix Tank   Sw Mix Tank Icon_minitime2/4/2010, 11:58 pm

Sw Mix Tank 858205

But,
I would use 3 Koralia 2's.
Back to top Go down

Sw Mix Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sw Mix Tank   Sw Mix Tank Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 2:31 pm

nitty wrote:
Sw Mix Tank 858205

But,
I would use 3 Koralia 2's.

yeah nitty this is another good option as well but not knowing teh op's budget i went for only suggesting 2 powerheads LOL
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

Sw Mix Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sw Mix Tank   Sw Mix Tank Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 3:08 pm

Those are some X-pensive powerheads too. I bought mine used and only saved like $6-$7.
Back to top Go down

Sw Mix Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sw Mix Tank   Sw Mix Tank Icon_minitime2/7/2010, 3:10 pm

nitty wrote:
Those are some X-pensive powerheads too. I bought mine used and only saved like $6-$7.

i found my 2 koralia 4's for 45.00 new. i belive it was at teh reef shop off of 40 in okc. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sw Mix Tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sw Mix Tank   Sw Mix Tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sw Mix Tank
Page 1 of 1