UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies! Empty
PostSubject: Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies!   Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies! Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 9:57 pm

Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies! 256gpqs
I have him in my tropical community tank for now due to the fact that there are a few too many big bullies in my cichlid tank. I want him to grow a bit before I put him in there... What do ya'll think of that idea? He is with my giant danios, red tail shark, Black Banded Leporinus, rubber lip pleco, painted platies & pictus catfish right now. The water parameters for their tank are:
farily soft water (75 ppm), water is about 180 ppm in alkalinity, pH is 7.6 and for some reason my nitrites are fluctuating to about 2 ppm and ammonia is at about .5 ppm... on second thought, as long as my cichlid tank doesn't have fluctuating nitrites, he may be better off in there? What do ya'll think...?
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies!   Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies! Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 10:01 pm

Yeah, water quality is much better in my cichlid tank... Ammonia is at 0, Nitrites are at 0 and the pH is at 8.0... I think I might try putting him in there?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies!   Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies! Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 10:29 pm

Fronts are very calm. You should be ok for a bit. Watch out for the red tail shark...some can be fisty
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

PostSubject: Re: Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies!   Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies! Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 10:47 pm

I moved the frontosa into the cichlid tank and I'm just going to watch him for a while as far as him getting bullied... I figured he'd be better off there until I can stabilize my community tank that he was in... Time for another water change... I wonder what crashed my cycled tank? Sometimes we never know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies!   Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compatibility of Frontosa w/Tropical fish vs. Cichlid Bullies!
Page 1 of 1