UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Keyhole cichlid (Cleithracara maronii )

Go down 
AuthorMessage
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

Keyhole cichlid (Cleithracara maronii ) Empty
PostSubject: Keyhole cichlid (Cleithracara maronii )   Keyhole cichlid (Cleithracara maronii ) Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 6:18 pm

Origin: South America: Rio Orinoco basin, and rivers of Guyana
Size: 4-5"
ph: 6.8-8.0
temp: 74-83F
tank size- 30Gal or bigger.
Tank setup: sand is best. Like many cichlids they like to dig. They can be shy if they don't have enough cover. Live plants with rocks and wood are good. These guys do great in planted tanks.

Tank mates: peaceful dwarf cichlids like rams. Angles, rainbow cichlids, blue acara, and other peacful/ semi aggressive mid size or smaller fish. Tetras, Cory cats, and plecos are all good tank mates. They do well with other keyholes.

Temperment: fairly peacful. They don't like to fit. are safe with smaller fish. Mine comes right up to the glass to see me. Can get a little aggressive when spawning but not bad. They are smart little fish with lots or personality to make up for lack of color.

Breeding: keep water clean. Make sure to have flat rocks for them to spawn on. If you have a pair they should spawn often for you. Both care for the eggs.

Sexing: can be tricky males are larger. Will have much longer fins very pointed.

Here is my 2 yr male.

Keyhole cichlid (Cleithracara maronii ) P9301049
Keyhole cichlid (Cleithracara maronii ) Keyholepair
Back to top Go down

Keyhole cichlid (Cleithracara maronii )
Page 1 of 1