UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Empty
PostSubject: Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates   Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Icon_minitime12/27/2009, 9:28 pm

I currently have 5 of these fish in my tropical tank that are still pretty young. We are "inheriting" a 55g tank soon and I wanted to move these guys into their own home. . my question is. . . what other tropheus' can I put with them.. . . if any?? Thanks in advance??
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates   Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 1:39 am

it really depends on a few factors.

one how big of a tank?
most would say that a 55 is not big enough for tropheus but i guess if you only have 1 male and 4 females in your group if could work.

are you going to try to breed?
if you are going to breed i would suggest you stay way from other black species of tropheus. maybe some ilangi would work.

also make sure you have a bunch of filtration and a good veggie diet plus do regular water changes.

good luck. trophues are amazing fish!!!!
Back to top Go down
germanreds
Private First Class
Private First Class
germanreds

Favorite Fish: : Tropheus Duboisi Maswa's

PostSubject: Re: Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates   Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 7:10 am

i have thirteen of them and they live in a 75 gallon with a frontosa. alot of people put frontosas with them. they get along great.
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates   Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 9:25 am

Thanks! I wasn't planning on breeding them, I just love the way they look (or will look) and I didn't know if any of the other trophs could go with them. If we get the 125g we are looking at our Malawi's will go in that one and then the trophs will go in our 75, then the 55g we are getting.. . ummm. . . who knows. So. . . I can do other trophs as long as they do not look similar to the duboisi's, good to know!! Thanks again!!
Back to top Go down
germanreds
Private First Class
Private First Class
germanreds

Favorite Fish: : Tropheus Duboisi Maswa's

PostSubject: Re: Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates   Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 9:40 am

yeah other trophs can go with them. i love the white spots. mine are just about a year and a half and only one still has a few spots showing through. i love the bright yellow bands now but those spots were intoxicating. i was wanting mine to breed but i can see now that i have way to many males in the group. if i can find someone that wants to trade i will. i can identify atleast four males in the group. luckily they have enough spots to claim and leave everyone else alone. really great fish! enjoy
Back to top Go down
semper
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates   Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 4:01 pm

Lufubus are awesome too

here are some of mine

Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates IMG_2567

Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates IMG_2562

Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates IMG_1988

or Golden Kazumba

Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Goldenkazumba
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

PostSubject: Re: Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates   Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Icon_minitime1/5/2010, 8:43 pm

Nice! yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates   Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tropheus duboisi maswa tankmates
Page 1 of 1