UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

POLL ON HYBRIDS!

Go down 
+10
nitty
chicknefoot87
CSnyder00
KMX
snowflake311
juice04
dano
hydrodmg
CajunGator
philuponthepho
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How do you feel about Hybrid fish?
Hybrids are AWESOME!
POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
No Bueno, hybrid es no bueno....
POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 11 ]
Only some hybrids are worth it: flowerhorns, blood parrots, etc etc..
POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 48% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/19/2009, 12:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Vote!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
nitty

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/20/2009, 6:51 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/20/2009, 6:53 pm

keep em to yoru self
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/20/2009, 6:56 pm

philuponthepho wrote:
Sine weirdos like to play God and make teenage mutant ninja turtle (lol), but I'm all for natural fish but some of the hybrids just look soo cool!!! I think as long as we dont introduce em to the wild, then they will okay. And plus, the fish are getting laid and are happy as can be! Cant really argue against that.

if i could breed tenage mutant ninja turtles i would do it in a heart beat
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/20/2009, 8:25 pm

I think its interesting that people would kill off fish because they aren't purebred. A life is a life and unless the fish is already going to die who gives anyone the right to kill it.Maybe its the animal lover in me speaking lol. I agree with Dano that it happens in the wild. Flowerhorns are some of the most beautiful fish out there. fish
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/20/2009, 9:06 pm

A life is a life, thats why you dont feed FEEDERS TO YOUR DAMN FISH! Lol, my flowerhorn is officially a vegetarian. He stopped eating feeders because god knows why. Anyhoo...this topic is basically a discussion based on religion and your morals. So lets not argue and just vote :)
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/20/2009, 9:27 pm

POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 858205
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/21/2009, 9:42 am

Rachael0805 wrote:
I think its interesting that people would kill off fish because they aren't purebred. A life is a life and unless the fish is already going to die who gives anyone the right to kill it.Maybe its the animal lover in me speaking lol. I agree with Dano that it happens in the wild. Flowerhorns are some of the most beautiful fish out there. fish

I'm the type of person who won't kill things for no reason. Hybrid fry would be used as feeders for my friends turtles. Heck I wont kill snails unless I'm feeding them to my red jewels. The only 2 exceptions to my rule are spiders and roaches!! But only if they are in my house. I was raised that if you kill it you eat it.
I have re located many poisonous and non poisonous snakes that other people would have killed for being in their house.
Even fish that die in my tanks go to good use, They get buried by my trees and become fertilizer.
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/21/2009, 1:27 pm

Fern wrote:
Rachael0805 wrote:

I'm the type of person who won't kill things for no reason. Hybrid fry would be used as feeders for my friends turtles. Heck I wont kill snails unless I'm feeding them to my red jewels. The only 2 exceptions to my rule are spiders and roaches!! But only if they are in my house. I was raised that if you kill it you eat it.
I have re located many poisonous and non poisonous snakes that other people would have killed for being in their house.
Even fish that die in my tanks go to good use, They get buried by my trees and become fertilizer.

I was raised the same way, and I agree with the spiders and roaches part too. Eew lol. Feeding them off would be the cycle of life and the food chain so that doesn't bother me heck, I do it. I feed my oscar crickets. I got the wrong impression when you said they would be 'put down' lol. But now I see what you mean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/21/2009, 1:35 pm

Yup, everything goes for some good use or another. Like my 75g was becoming way over run with live bearer fry. I managed to catch 30-40 of them and gave them to my friend for her turtle.... She said shes never seen them move that fast in her life lol!
I also give her 50 or so snails a week for them...... She hasn't spent much on turtle food lately lol!
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/21/2009, 6:18 pm

I'm ok with hybrids and mutants lol. If it weren't for hybrids and mutation goldfish would still be brown ugly carp. And I think those Electric Blue Jack Dempseys look cool POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 690297
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/21/2009, 9:40 pm

i am suprised the poll is going like it is... didnt think so many members dislike hybirds..
Back to top Go down
johnnyb0yvba
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/27/2009, 9:02 pm

i think most people hate hybrids, except california. that's where the big flowerhorn and parrot distributors are at. i was from there and was a big fan of them.
Back to top Go down
micahsutton
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
micahsutton

Favorite Fish: : Golden Nugget Pleco, Lemon Jake, Red Top Lwanda, Aulonocara Baenschi, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Frontosa's.

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/27/2009, 9:10 pm

I have a theory... and i think most should agree.
No one was around to document species along time ago. So how do we know what is "pure-bred". Who to say the F0 fish came from the same species parents? I mean did the seller watch two Baenschi's breed in the wild and then sell the fry? I highly doubt it, who's to say that that baenschi wasnt mixed with an stuartgranti? Don't get me wrong i am not for or against hybrids. I love some hybrids and hate some others. but what i am trying to establish how do we know that EVERY SINGLE fish isn't a hybrid? NO ONE CAN PROVE IT EITHER WAY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL ON HYBRIDS!   POLL ON HYBRIDS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLL ON HYBRIDS!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2