UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Damsels

Go down 
    +3
    Terry
    lgsasquatch
    chicknefoot87
    7 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage
    chicknefoot87
    Sergeant 1st Class
    Sergeant 1st Class
    chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

Damsels - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Damsels   Damsels - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/18/2009, 1:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

So I'm thinking about eventually starting up a SW tank with Damsels. From what i remember about my last SW tank they are super hardy and active so they are interesting to watch. They kind of remind me of chiclids because they are aggressive to simi aggressive and easy to care for. I figured i would get a 55 long with crushed coral and live rock with plenty of places for them to hide, a skimmer, and a Rena canister filter. I just wanted any advice I can get. Last time i tried this a got A LOT of red algae, does anyone know how to keep that down? Also does anyone know any other fish that can be kept with the Damsels? They will be the main fish in the tank but are pretty aggressive and I do want at least a couple other types of fish in there. I REALLY want a Maroon Clown in there if its possible, but I dont want to cause any trouble with the Damsels. What do you guys think?
    Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
    philuponthepho
    Captain
    Captain

Damsels - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Damsels   Damsels - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/23/2009, 4:01 pm

nitty wrote:
    Clowns are cheap and very hardy.

Cheap? I think not! I cant find any for less thn $20!
    Back to top Go down
    nitty
    nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
    110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
    56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

Damsels - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Damsels   Damsels - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/23/2009, 4:56 pm

chicknefoot87 wrote:
    Alrighty I think I'll go for the yellow's and some blue or green chromis with a pair of Maroon Clowns. Does anyone know how to tell male from female clowns? If i get a pair will they pair off and get mean?

They're all born male.
    The female well double the male size after about 6or7 month.
    If you buy 2 at 1 1/2 inches, YOU WILL GET A PAIR.
    Back to top Go down
    chicknefoot87
    Sergeant 1st Class
    Sergeant 1st Class
    chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

Damsels - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Damsels   Damsels - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/23/2009, 5:18 pm

Sweet! Thanks Nitty Damsels - Page 2 690297
    Back to top Go down
    nitty
    nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
    110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
    56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

Damsels - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Damsels   Damsels - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/23/2009, 10:33 pm

I've had False Perculas for over 20 years. PM me if you need any other info on them.
    OR
    just post the question in the Saltwater Fish forum.

HOLLA
    Back to top Go down
    shadowninja
    Private
    Private

Damsels - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Damsels   Damsels - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/29/2010, 5:23 pm

chicknefoot87 wrote:
    So I'm thinking about eventually starting up a SW tank with Damsels. From what i remember about my last SW tank they are super hardy and active so they are interesting to watch. They kind of remind me of chiclids because they are aggressive to simi aggressive and easy to care for. I figured i would get a 55 long with crushed coral and live rock with plenty of places for them to hide, a skimmer, and a Rena canister filter. I just wanted any advice I can get. Last time i tried this a got A LOT of red algae, does anyone know how to keep that down? Also does anyone know any other fish that can be kept with the Damsels? They will be the main fish in the tank but are pretty aggressive and I do want at least a couple other types of fish in there. I REALLY want a Maroon Clown in there if its possible, but I dont want to cause any trouble with the Damsels. What do you guys think?

there wont be any conflicts. damsels can be kept with most non predatory fish except other damsels unless introded at the same time. there will still be conflicts due to territorial issues.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Damsels - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Damsels   Damsels - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damsels
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2