UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

freshwater stingrays

Go down 
+13
chriskelley2005
discusmike
frontman78
alkomist
S&FW_FishyFriend
philuponthepho
CajunGator
Terry
SLAYERR34
mbovinet
chevy350
KMX
socaljack
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
socaljack
Private
Private
socaljack

Favorite Fish: : lungfish,stingraysBichir,arowana

freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: freshwater stingrays   freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/30/2009, 8:28 am

First topic message reminder :

does anyone keep freshwater rays?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: freshwater stingrays   freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/12/2010, 9:27 pm

Just to let everyone know. There is a guy in Boutte, Louisiana that carries fresh water stingrays. I know a guy who recently set 100 gallon shallow cube tank for a group of stingray... Not sure what he is doing now, but he definitely carries them.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: freshwater stingrays   freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/13/2010, 1:50 am

alkomist wrote:
u can go to walmart and get a "Butterfly Loache"
haha its a loache that looks like a baby sting ray except they suck on tha glass n stuff!!! freshwater stingrays - Page 2 455499 it had me fooled until i read the lil sticker explaining the name
and price!!! cost about 4 bucks and sum change!!! lol

i seen these the other day the lfs and almost got one.
Back to top Go down
Redbeard
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Freshwater Puffers & Eels

PostSubject: Re: freshwater stingrays   freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/21/2010, 9:07 am

I had one 5 years ago or so that I bought from a local store. Had him for a year in a 68 breeder tank with fine coral sand. He was roughly 12" across the disc. Learn from my mistake... I decided to put a Gibbiceps pleco in the tank with him. Two days later, I got up to leave for work and the Gibbiceps had settled on the ray while he was sleeping and eaten a hole almost completely through him (which obviously killed him). Also, just because a store has the fish dosen't mean they are legal to own. Stores make mistakes too. I have seen Piranha's, rays, and electric catfish in stores, and none of these are legal to own in TX.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: freshwater stingrays   freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/21/2010, 9:21 am

yeah butterfly loach!!! i got 2!!! pretty koo if u ask me
electric cat fish??? dam!!!!! thats kool!!!! freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Lol
i want 1!!! haha
Back to top Go down
Redbeard
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Freshwater Puffers & Eels

PostSubject: Re: freshwater stingrays   freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/21/2010, 10:02 am

Yeah... I um... *cough* *cough*... might have bought the electric catfish... My wife was not amused. It looks kind of like a freckled phallus (Sorry)... Here is a site i found on them: Electric Catfish
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: freshwater stingrays   freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/26/2010, 12:04 pm

Tea Cup stingray!!! looks nice!
hey aquabid has fresh water stingrays!!! for 32 bucks!!!!!!!!!!1
their u go pal!!!!! check out aquabid.cpm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: freshwater stingrays   freshwater stingrays - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

freshwater stingrays
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2