UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SLAYERR34
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
SLAYERR34

INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS Empty
PostSubject: INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS   INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 12:27 am

Next week im getting 5 emperor cichlids and 4 tyranochromis. I have never keped any of these species so i know nothing about them. Has anyone ever keped these
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS   INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 4:38 am

If you've ever housed peacocks or any other mbuna cichlids, you'll be fine with the emperor. Same water conditions and temperture. The tyranochromis macrostoma are very aggressive and sometimes kill the female trying to spawn. You'll need at least a 6-8 feet print to house these whoppers. There're similiar to the Dimidiochromis compressiceps. This is a link to the article I wrote last week:

http://www.usafishbox.org/kmx-aquatics-f29/fs-dimidiochromis-compressiceps-mansfieldtx-pu-shipping-t1294.htm

If you can get them to actually breed for you, you'll get between 200 and 250 fry.
Back to top Go down
SLAYERR34
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
SLAYERR34

PostSubject: Re: INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS   INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 10:11 am

WELL IVE KEPED PEACOCKS AND MBUNAS. WHAT ABOUT THERE TEMPERMENT?
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS   INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS Icon_minitime11/28/2009, 12:29 pm

I'd compare the emperor to an adult Ahli. Once he find a stop It's his, but want bother many fish of the same species. I'm only giving you info on my experience.
Fish seem to differ with different tank mates. I kept mine all together 3males and 8-9females.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS   INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INFO ON SOM AFRICAN CICHLIDS
Page 1 of 1