UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

80 gallon re do

Go down 
+4
nitty
philuponthepho
ronnied
hydrodmg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : broiled or grilled just not fried

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 10:33 am

ok so after the ick outbreak i finally decided to add sand to the 80 gallon and redid the rock to expand it out the sides let me know what you think80 gallon re do 101_1717
80 gallon re do 101_171880 gallon re do 101_1719

Last edited by redstarflowerhorn on 11/8/2009, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pictures did not load)
Back to top Go down
ronnied
Private
Private
ronnied

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids ,frontosa

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 12:06 pm

it looks good
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 12:56 pm

I love it, but I'm a plant person so you need some plants in the middle! 80 gallon re do 690297
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 1:04 pm

great rock work. What will this beautiful tank house?
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 1:43 pm

philuponthepho wrote:
I love it, but I'm a plant person so you need some plants in the middle! 80 gallon re do 690297
I agree any pointers for plants to house with my cichlids and that will grow in sand or take root on rock
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 1:44 pm

80 gallon re do 265353 yes 80 gallon re do 165198
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 1:45 pm

nitty wrote:
great rock work. What will this beautiful tank house?
It will house my convicts a few of my kenyi 1 plecko 3 Chinese algae eaters and my red star flowerhorn
a few red zebras a few yellow labs and what ever else i pick up next weekend lol
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 2:06 pm

redstarflowerhorn wrote:
philuponthepho wrote:
I agree any pointers for plants to house with my cichlids and that will grow in sand or take root on rock

The only thing I know that can anchor itself to rock is Taiwan Moss or Java moss. *Basically all plants can grow in sand. As long as they are anchored down.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 2:09 pm

tie stuff down and you will be fine. Anubias and java fern do well.
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 2:12 pm

thanks sounds great will have to go to tlfs and pick some up
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 2:32 pm

Let us know what you find!
Back to top Go down

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 3:35 pm

i am diggig teh sand bed
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 3:43 pm

lordraptor1 wrote:
i am diggig teh sand bed

i love the look as well it is play sand from lowes cheap as hell but real hard to clean it took 3 days to get the tank to look like that and countless filters
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 3:52 pm

I hope you cleaned it before you put it in the tank. lol!
Back to top Go down

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 4:27 pm

redstarflowerhorn wrote:
lordraptor1 wrote:
i am diggig teh sand bed

i love the look as well it is play sand from lowes cheap as hell but real hard to clean it took 3 days to get the tank to look like that and countless filters

i use pavestone pulverised limestone in my salt tank and the rule is clean, clean again, clean again, then clean some more. it takes forever to get it clean and tehn it goes in the tank and it still clouds up but i can take heart in the fact that my protien skimmer removes teh floating stuff that is causing teh cloudiness in a matter of 30 minutes to a few hours depending on how dense the particles are.
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 4:31 pm

philuponthepho wrote:
nope used the tank to clean it
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 4:42 pm

redstarflowerhorn wrote:
philuponthepho wrote:
nope used the tank to clean it

Thats probably why it took you so long to get it clean. Stick it in a 5gallon bucket and rinse it until the dust clears then your safe to put it in ur tank. Leave it alone for a few hours until the sand has settled and then turn on the filters. Lol, saves ALOT of time!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 5:20 pm

LOVE THE ROCK. Well done! yes good

Pirates
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/8/2009, 5:39 pm

Yeah you have to clean it before you put it in. It's rough trying to do it in the tank.
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/22/2009, 7:29 pm

Looks cool!!! I like the rockscape!
Back to top Go down

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 7:40 am

As far as plants; Get some java moss and tuck it in between the rocks in random places. Get a few java ferns and tie them onto the top layer of rocks with cotton thread. Southern water nymph planted in the center would also look great, my cichlids don't seem to eat it and it grows fast.
It looks really nice! Good job!
Back to top Go down

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime11/23/2009, 7:41 am

Windleves fern my also work, its a modified version of java fern but its pricey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

80 gallon re do Empty
PostSubject: Re: 80 gallon re do   80 gallon re do Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

80 gallon re do
Page 1 of 1