UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Aquaripure Nitrate Filters

Go down 
+2
fishface30
Flippercon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Empty
PostSubject: Aquaripure Nitrate Filters   Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Icon_minitime1/4/2012, 2:47 pm

I keep seeing these ads that say "tired of Water changes?" so I clicked on it im stupid , but maybe not. I watched the video and wanted to get everyones opinion on it. Worth it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y-H8W7YVSco#!
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Aquaripure Nitrate Filters   Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Icon_minitime1/8/2012, 8:01 am

Anyone tried them? Seen them?
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

PostSubject: Re: Aquaripure Nitrate Filters   Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Icon_minitime1/8/2012, 12:05 pm

I haven't used them, but I skimmed the video( he reminds me of the guy that does the Visine commercial,,,,, ZzzZzZzzzz) And so it's basically a fine pored media sponge? My problem with this is that the fine pores will clog faster, reducing your filter output. I don't see how this is any different than adding another filter to a tank. To me, it's no different than adding additional filter material in the water to increase the surface area for bacteria. jus my 2cents.
Back to top Go down
greydragon12345
Private First Class
Private First Class
greydragon12345

Favorite Fish: : Angelfish,guppys

PostSubject: Re: Aquaripure Nitrate Filters   Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Icon_minitime1/8/2012, 6:03 pm

but there are more reasons to do water changes other than nitrate reduction such as removing growth hormones and stress hormones it is just easier to test for nitrates than the other reasons so if you keep nitrate down the others stay down as well
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: Aquaripure Nitrate Filters   Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Icon_minitime1/9/2012, 5:01 pm

I'll pass on this I would rather do water changes.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Aquaripure Nitrate Filters   Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Icon_minitime1/9/2012, 6:27 pm

lazy aquarium enthusiasts best nitrate removal tool... plants + overfiltration.

ive got a rating 120g of filtration, for a 40g tank. with lots of plants.

this guy in the ad is a snake oil peddler.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Aquaripure Nitrate Filters   Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Icon_minitime1/9/2012, 6:36 pm

I agree with everyone bout water changes but is it like putting in regular oil vs synthetic. With routine maintenance Is it better for the over all system?

Last edited by Flippercon on 1/10/2012, 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Aquaripure Nitrate Filters   Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Icon_minitime1/10/2012, 8:29 am

I'll stick with water changes! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aquaripure Nitrate Filters   Aquaripure Nitrate Filters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aquaripure Nitrate Filters
Page 1 of 1