UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas

Go down 
+5
Fish_Love
R2 Ranch
JMatthew
KMX
CDT
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CDT
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Mainly reef dwellers: all fishes, corals, invertebrates , sponges, and anything else that maybe residing in or around the reef.

Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:19 pm

Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas 240563 I just like to start off by saying hi to everybody. I am just starting backup this hobby after good 15 years or so break from it. In the past I had a saltwater aquarium and a cichlid aquarium. I wanting to start back with a reef tank, so any and all advise would be welcome. I know there is a lot of changes since I had my last aquariums. I have just bought a used 100 gal aquarium it is 48"L X 31"H X 13"W, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:23 pm

welcome, and glad to have another salty aboard Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas 690297 . feel free to ask me any questions you might have and i will be more than happy to help you out, you could also talk to juice28. juice has been absent for a bit but does come in from time to time. again hi and welcome2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:26 pm

CDT wrote:
Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas 240563 I just like to start off by saying hi to everybody. I am just starting backup this hobby after good 15 years or so break from it. In the past I had a saltwater aquarium and a cichlid aquarium. I wanting to start back with a reef tank, so any and all advise would be welcome. I know there is a lot of changes since I had my last aquariums. I have just bought a used 100 gal aquarium it is 48"L X 31"H X 13"W, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

i would have opted for a shorter wider tank to give me better surface area but you should be fine with what you have. do you plan on going DSB, SSB, or BB? what kind of filtration do you plan on using (refugium, sump, or other)? is the tank a reef ready (drilled) or not (un drilled)? what kind of lighting did you have in mind for the tank?
Back to top Go down
CDT
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Mainly reef dwellers: all fishes, corals, invertebrates , sponges, and anything else that maybe residing in or around the reef.

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:37 pm

It is undrilled, I have a 48" 4 bulb T5 light coming in anyday now. I am thinking about a refugium. I not sure about your abreveations mean. i have been away for a while.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:42 pm

Take your time an don't rush it. Make sure you get what you want. Only one tank so far?

welcome2 To usafishbox Fishbox.com We are all good friends around here. Make yourself at home!
Pirates
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:43 pm

CDT wrote:
It is undrilled, I have a 48" 4 bulb T5 light coming in anyday now. I am thinking about a refugium. I not sure about your abreveations mean. i have been away for a while.

DSB = Deep Sand Bed

SSB = Shallow Sand Bed

BB = Bare Bottom

a 4 bulb T5 would be ok if you place your corals in steps more light top, and lower light bottom. you could go a DSB in your display which will make teh actual depth a little shallower (do not go deeper than 6" though IMHO)
Back to top Go down
CDT
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:46 pm

It is 31" tall. I was wanting the Deep Sand Bed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:48 pm

CDT wrote:
It is 31" tall. I was wanting the Deep Sand Bed

make a topic in the saltwater section and we (as in your fellow salties LOL) can get you on the right track
Back to top Go down
CDT
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:55 pm

Thanks, I will do that tomorrow after I get off work. Looking forward for more great advise from everybody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:01 pm

CDT wrote:
Thanks, I will do that tomorrow after I get off work. Looking forward for more great advise from everybody.

we are all glad to help here, especially in the fish hobby Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas 690297
Back to top Go down
CDT
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:07 pm

I will see you all tomorrow, 5:00 am will be here before I know it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:13 pm

CDT wrote:
I will see you all tomorrow, 5:00 am will be here before I know it.

ok, good night and look forward to seeing you on again Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas 393849
Back to top Go down
JMatthew
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
JMatthew

Favorite Fish: : Africans...including but, not just cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 10:42 pm

Welcome and feel free to ask any question you like!
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 8:12 am

hi welcome2
Back to top Go down
Fish_Love
Sergeant
Sergeant
Fish_Love

Favorite Fish: : German Red Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 10:53 am

welcome2 Pirates
Back to top Go down
Janie
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Janie

Favorite Fish: : Calvus & all Victorian Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 10:55 am

Welcome to the best forum on the planet! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
S&FW_FishyFriend
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
S&FW_FishyFriend

Favorite Fish: : Currently so into Reef it's not even funny! Missed having saltwater, now that I've got it again---- STOKED!

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 11:22 am

Hi welcome! I have a salt tank as well, while not a reef tank, I still know a bit, but lordraptor will know more about the reef tanks as well as juice! Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas 772341
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime10/30/2009, 1:10 am

S&FW_FishyFriend wrote:
Hi welcome! I have a salt tank as well, while not a reef tank, I still know a bit, but lordraptor will know more about the reef tanks as well as juice! Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas 772341

thanks miranda, i can help you also when you decide to go reef Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas 690297
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime11/1/2009, 5:21 am

welcome! my parents retired to Bruceville so we pass thru the big W often. glad to have you welcome
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime11/1/2009, 9:02 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas   Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Everybody A New Member From Waco, Texas
Page 1 of 1