UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Pearl Gouramis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime11/9/2011, 7:44 pm

I have 2 pearls, I believe they both may be girls as neither is really displaying the orange on the abdomen. One of the two is a bit bossy, but so far nothing too bad. A bit chasing and sometimes they will just chill together. The LFS I bought them from said they were brought in together. They are fairly close to full grown. I have them in a 55 gallon with 5 black skirts 10 rainbows a female krib and a redtail shark. Should I be concerned and what could I do to lessen the chasing? It could be possible one is a male I guess, but once again I really do not see the orange.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Favorite Fish: : Jack Dempsey...Red Tail Shark... Severum... Raphael Cat...Cardinals...Cory's... Hy511's There are many more as well

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime11/9/2011, 8:01 pm

ok so after looking at pictures of males..I think I have 2 males...yikes. The fins look like the males. Im guessing they just havent completely developed. I guess that is why the guy got rid of them... SMH...Now I have doubts of this working since paradise blue and golds can never get along. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime11/12/2011, 11:58 am

Well, all seems fine now lol. I guess it was just the testing out period. They seem to be peaceful and happy. The redtail shark and kribensis seem really shocked by those 2 as they are much bigger than the other fish in the tank.
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime11/12/2011, 1:22 pm

you shouldnt have a problem with 2 male groumis in the same tank since they are in a 55 and have room to get away from each other. i had two golden gourmis in a 30g with no problem
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime11/12/2011, 1:51 pm

Most likely any dwarf gouramis are going to be males in the states because the breeders will not send females out. That is what I get from reading up on them. I had 2 males in a 55 community tank and there was a redtail shark in there too. They all got along fine and you shouldnt have any problem with them and the kribs either.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime11/12/2011, 8:30 pm

yea its a very active tank. Have some driftwood coming Monday or tuesday!

I have 5 black skirts..the
2 pearls
my shark the krib
and 9 rainbows..2 are turquoise I think, not sure about the others..2 are alike and then the other 5 are the same also.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime11/30/2011, 10:18 pm

Ok, so now I really want 2 angelfish. Deter me if I am dumb or this is a bad idea. Would they go well with what I have? My stock list is in the post right above this.
thanks guys. I am planning on going to this awesome fish store friday after work.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime11/30/2011, 10:32 pm

do u want a male krib? ive got a whole mess of some good looking males with lots of eyespots and good color. i just want to spread their late dads good genes around, he was my favorite breeding male i ever had.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime11/30/2011, 10:43 pm

I am not opposed to a male krib. She has not had a mate in some time, and I do not want her to kill one nor them gang up on my shark. Would either be an issue? I haven't had much experience with kribs in the past honestly.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime12/1/2011, 10:08 am

has she killed males in the past before? what did they look like? from my experience if the male looks effeminate and lacks vibrant displaying colors the female will not be interested. but i take careful time in culling my fish and ive never sold/given any male that looks anything less than an Alpha. sleek torpedo shape with long pointy finnage, never any less. lol i guarantee she will fall deeply madly in love with one of my males. how old is she btw?
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime12/1/2011, 11:05 am

She did not kill him, they were actually very friendly together. He just died suddenly and unexpectedly. The water conditions were fine also. I do not know what happened. I have had her since July- August 2010...she was a baby when I got her.
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime12/1/2011, 11:14 am

ok. my boys were spawned on April 1st 2011, they are still "preteens". have to wait til they mature a bit more. should be ready by February.
Back to top Go down
strawman1985
strawman1985

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime12/1/2011, 11:15 am

awesome, nice day to be born lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pearl Gouramis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pearl Gouramis   Pearl Gouramis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pearl Gouramis
Page 1 of 1