UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Sharing My Show Tank :)

Go down 
+12
MarkM
ornate12
CajunGator
plantedtankdude
BFinley
Ben
Holey Rock of Texas
Flippercon
Shea
KMX
papasmurf
Ma12cus504
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Ma12cus504
Private
Private

Sharing My Show Tank :)   Empty
PostSubject: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 8:43 am

All live plants...

Tank contain 9x Breeding WC Moba Frontosa, 26+ Clown Loaches, 4 Uara, Albino Gibber, Albino Chinese Algae Eater, Pair Yellow Calvus and 10 Veilfin Angels.

2 x FX5 and 2 x AC110, All the filter media contain nothing but craft cotton. No bioball no nothing. 6' single lamp T8 13K Light on a timer. Light turn on from 6am - 11:30pm

I do "extreme" water change weekly (95% WC) and only feed them 4 tsp twice/wkly (Monday and Thurs) Sergerion Pellets and 7 shrimp every Sat. I try to keep my hand out the tank unless I really really need to.

And here they are.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbAgbMmAwyY
Back to top Go down
papasmurf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Swallowtail Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 8:59 am

Nice looking tank...love the plants and fronts...interesting mix to say the least.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 9:58 am

$$$ affraid drool

Pure amazing!

The fronts leave the angels alone?
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 10:12 am

Wow, very interesting tank. The angels have the longest ventrals I've ever seen.
You have some of my favorite fish! Wondering what the tank size is?
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 10:30 am

Very nice set up. I want to know the size too.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 10:32 am

interesting combo of fish. nice tank
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 3:45 pm

WOW! Nice tank and very surprising mix.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 3:50 pm

Awesome tank and Awesome fish!I've had Angels with Africans before too!Great job! yes drool usafishbox Sharing My Show Tank :)   772341
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/12/2011, 5:15 pm

fronts with angels and the angels are still alive? and the plants aren't up rooted wow amazing.....
Back to top Go down
Ma12cus504
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 9:59 am

papasmurf wrote:
Nice looking tank...love the plants and fronts...interesting mix to say the least.

Thanks

KMX wrote:
$$$ affraid drool

Pure amazing!

The fronts leave the angels alone?

Yes... $$ :) But the fronts have already been paid for, by providing me with frys

Shea wrote:
Wow, very interesting tank. The angels have the longest ventrals I've ever seen.
You have some of my favorite fish! Wondering what the tank size is?

This is only a 125g and Thanks

Flippercon wrote:
Very nice set up. I want to know the size too.
Thanks, and its a 125g

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
interesting combo of fish. nice tank
Thanks

Ben wrote:
WOW! Nice tank and very surprising mix.
Thanks!! I just added 7x Leilupi, 3 infin calvus, and danios (3) but looking to add 4 more.

BFinley wrote:
Awesome tank and Awesome fish!I've had Angels with Africans before too!Great job! yes drool usafishbox Sharing My Show Tank :)   772341
Thanks!!

plantedtankdude wrote:
fronts with angels and the angels are still alive? and the plants aren't up rooted wow amazing.....
The Fronts dont mess with the angels. I have tried different combination of fish. So far, i Sees angels, calvus, african cichlid work best. The only fish that dig my plant was those african cichlid, which are no longer in my tank.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 7:46 pm

very nice!

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/13/2011, 8:29 pm

Very Nice !!Thanks for sharing with us!!

good
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/15/2011, 11:21 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
papasmurf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Swallowtail Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/16/2011, 8:54 pm

Depending how big the danios are, they will more than likely be snacks before long. The fronts may not pursue them during the day with the lights on but they will at night. I had demasoni and electric blues that were "mysteriously" dying overnight and could not figure what was getting them at first...they were housed with a lone 6" front.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/16/2011, 11:14 pm

The mix of colours is great, and the sedate swimming of the Fronts (and my gods, you have a big boy there) in the middle and top of the tank, and then the frenetic activity of the clowns has combined to create a great tank.
Thanks for sharing it, and keep us posted for any new videos please.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/17/2011, 10:08 am

Wow I have to say that I really like this setup. I am a big fan of simple effectiveness. The fish look great and meld with that whole setup well. Great job!
Back to top Go down
Ma12cus504
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/21/2011, 9:57 am

papasmurf wrote:
Depending how big the danios are, they will more than likely be snacks before long. The fronts may not pursue them during the day with the lights on but they will at night. I had demasoni and electric blues that were "mysteriously" dying overnight and could not figure what was getting them at first...they were housed with a lone 6" front.

Those danio have been in there for awhile. I use to have neon too, but the uara ate them :( I plan to add 4 x danio and some fish with color that are surface swimmer, but i havent find the right fish yet. I am waiting for petsmart to have their monthly $1 sale. btw, the front does not like bright red or orange fishy except the clown loaches. They eat those :)

Yeti wrote:
The mix of colours is great, and the sedate swimming of the Fronts (and my gods, you have a big boy there) in the middle and top of the tank, and then the frenetic activity of the clowns has combined to create a great tank.
Thanks for sharing it, and keep us posted for any new videos please.

My front are lazy swimmer, they just sedate all the time. Even too lazy to eat. I only feed the front once a week, 4tsp for all 13 moba. I feed the angels everyday one pinch of flake.

strikingthematch wrote:
Wow I have to say that I really like this setup. I am a big fan of simple effectiveness. The fish look great and meld with that whole setup well. Great job!

Thanks, I plans to get a 300gallon 96" x 28". I want to do a big big display with various of fish. Plans to have 1/4 empty sand, 1/4 glass land scene, 1/4 faded drift wood, 1/4 lava rock as you see.

School of danio, school of tetris, school of archers and butterfly, guppys, reef africans and what in the current tank :)
Back to top Go down
xrickyhoangx
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/21/2011, 2:38 pm

wow amazing, i never would have thought that frontosa, wouldnt kill those angels, or eat them up, since they do fit the mouth. nice job.
Back to top Go down
CichlidQueen
Private
Private
CichlidQueen

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids and Discus...Acei are my true favorites of the Cichlid sub-species! They are truly beautiful and full of grace!

PostSubject: Beautiful!   Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/22/2011, 5:46 pm

Great job! Beautiful tank!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime7/23/2011, 7:39 pm

nice cajun Tank, LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My Show Tank :)    Sharing My Show Tank :)   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharing My Show Tank :)
Page 1 of 1