UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Sick Rusty

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flukekiller
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : Discus

Sick Rusty    Empty
PostSubject: Sick Rusty    Sick Rusty    Icon_minitime6/27/2011, 10:07 am

so i have noticed over the last few days one of my rusty's hanging out by himself

eating but grabbing some food then going back to his corner. then i noticed last night

that his mouth is all white. so i put him in a QT tank this morning with some pimafix.

i checked the parameters of the main tank and all readings are 0 with nitrates less

than 5ppm. all the other fish seem healthy and are very active. i have been watching

the tank very closely for the last week or 2 and i have not noticed any sort of fighting

or chasing with any of the fish. he was in a tank with 4 of each of the following:
yellow labs
rustys
red zebras
afra chimate

should add pimafix also?

when should i try to feed him as i do not want to foul the QT tank water as i cannot do a water

change for 7 days? i do not want to fast an unhealthy fish.

any tip suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Paul
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Sick Rusty    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Rusty    Sick Rusty    Icon_minitime6/27/2011, 1:07 pm

Do you have any pics of the white spots on his mouth?
Back to top Go down
flukekiller
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sick Rusty    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Rusty    Sick Rusty    Icon_minitime6/28/2011, 8:54 am

Sick Rusty    Img_2212

here is the best pic i could get. i noticed this on his body last night.
his mouth has seemed to get better and he would not turn around to take a pic.
its seems like a a scratch of some sort and does not look like anything is growing,
its not fuzzy or anything... ignore the marks by his head its a scratch on the tank
Back to top Go down
flukekiller
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sick Rusty    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Rusty    Sick Rusty    Icon_minitime6/28/2011, 8:58 am

my biggest concern right now is that he is the only one who hasnt really grown

the other rusty's are almost double his size. maybe hes a runt? i know he is eating

b.c i have watched him eat everyday
Back to top Go down
flukekiller
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sick Rusty    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Rusty    Sick Rusty    Icon_minitime6/30/2011, 9:21 am

RIP,,, my poor rusty didnt make it... he died last night. by the time i got home
more than half of his body turned all white.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

Sick Rusty    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Rusty    Sick Rusty    Icon_minitime7/7/2011, 7:10 am

Sorry for your loss . I am battling this in my 125 . I had two convicts pair up and beat the cr@p out of a 4" cyano Texas and the cons are maybe 2". The tank is on day 6 of treatment and the Texas has been put in qt with the same treatment. Are there any other suggestions to treating mouth fungus. They all look like they grew teeth but I know its not teeth. They all have these white bumps inside their lips. My 8th day km doing a 50% wc followed by one more the day after. Then draining half the tank and considering another form of treatment. I am draining due to less meds. Just gonna keep the fx5 runnng. Maybe general cure? Any suggestions. I have not lost any fish to this but I have been fighting it for a while. Treatment would work but it comes back every so often. I do 50% wc every week and parameters are are all zero with nitrates at 10ppm on wc day before the 50% wc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sick Rusty    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Rusty    Sick Rusty    Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sick Rusty
Page 1 of 1