UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Rack for 30G tanks?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

Rack for 30G tanks? Empty
PostSubject: Rack for 30G tanks?   Rack for 30G tanks? Icon_minitime6/11/2011, 7:30 am

Anyone have suggestions for where I can find some type of racking for a couple of 30G tanks? 31" x 13" base dimensions. I saw some comment about Target $40, but can't find it on their website. These will be in the Lounge so I need them to be tidy looking and not just utilitarian angle iron. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Rack for 30G tanks?   Rack for 30G tanks? Icon_minitime6/11/2011, 8:22 am

If you know how to build one that is a good way to go. Don't know how handy u are with your hands. Building a stand is fairly easy.
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: Rack for 30G tanks?   Rack for 30G tanks? Icon_minitime6/11/2011, 11:34 am

It's not to hard to build one yourself, a plus on that is you can make how ever you want it. Just gotta make sure everything is level, I would make sure where I'm putting it is level
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, Mbuna & Haps/Peacocks
Bitten by the saltbug

PostSubject: Re: Rack for 30G tanks?   Rack for 30G tanks? Icon_minitime6/18/2011, 12:57 am

I found a wrought iron twin 30G stand on CL locally for $30.

2 Problems, firstly it wont take an 18 inch high tank on the bottom and allow you to maintain it. Secondly.... it came with another 30G tank!
So now I have 3 x 30G tanks, although the latest will need to be re-sealed most certainly.
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Rack for 30G tanks?   Rack for 30G tanks? Icon_minitime6/18/2011, 2:44 am

KMX wrote:
If you know how to build one that is a good way to go. Don't know how handy u are with your hands. Building a stand is fairly easy.
Rack for 30G tanks? 858205

2x4's, screws / nails, & paint... Presto whatever you want, but always allow the project to take longer than you imagine, if you're like me anyhow. If I were you, mind you I have MTS, I would build a stand and sell the stand you have now. Build a rack for four, maximizing space, and use the $ from your stand on one more 30g. I will always support and encourage more tanks than fewer.

Back to top Go down
jon31072000
Private First Class
Private First Class
jon31072000

Favorite Fish: : Hillstream Loach

PostSubject: Re: Rack for 30G tanks?   Rack for 30G tanks? Icon_minitime6/20/2011, 10:52 pm

I agree with everyone here. You can easily build yourself double or even triple high stands, although when building a triple, you have to think of the hiegth you are and can you reach a tank up that high. Ive been building my own stands and I am one of the least "handy" people you will ever meet. I just built 2 55 gallon double stands for about $30 including screws, glue, and the wood, unless u want to wrap the stand in a nice plywood. Plywood gets costly, but you really dont need it if you build the stand correctly, its just for show. If you need dimensions, feel free to msg me as I have built about 5 double stands for 20L tanks, which are basically the same size, just not as tall. Just my .02. Thanks, Jon

Rack for 30G tanks? DSC02749

Rack for 30G tanks? DSC02750

Rack for 30G tanks? DSC02614
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rack for 30G tanks?   Rack for 30G tanks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rack for 30G tanks?
Page 1 of 1