UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

New On Here

Go down 
+14
Holey Rock of Texas
Dan W.
Jstump
BFinley
KMX
Bruggen
Yeti
proyect01
ornate12
Dabula
strikingthematch
Ben
Raschael
Alton S
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

Favorite Fish: : Lake Malawi Haps and Peas

New On Here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/2/2011, 9:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone I just joined on here tonight. I have had African Chiclids from Lake Malawii now for 3 years. Currently I have some rare Chiclids and some very nice trades already made. I am located in N.W. Pa and there is very few Chiclid Owners even close to me. My love is the Chitande Types and currently I have 3 different species. I would really like to find others into to these guys too.

Misc Chiclids:
1 Red Frontosa
2 Red Empress
1 Kandeness
4 Ruby Red/Red Shoulder Hybrids

Breeding groups:
F1 Red Shoulder
Aulonocara Sp. Chitande Type Masinje (Just lost my wild male, But have 48 fry from him growing out)
F1 Ruby Reds

Ordered:
Ethelwynnae Chitande Group
Aulonocara Sp. Chitande Type North Nkhata Bay Yellow Head

Trades:
German Red Group
Lemon Jake Group
Ruby Red Male
Copadichromis Virginals Fire Crest Group
Copadichromis Virginals Gold Blaze Group
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Dan W.
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 1:15 pm

Nice looking fish and a BIG Welcome New On Here - Page 2 265353
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 2:02 pm

New On Here - Page 2 3514
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 2:39 pm

Thanks Everyone, Just watched my F1 Red Shoulder spawn with the female. I have lost 3 batches in a row so will probably pull and strip her later tonight and try to tumble the eggs to hatch. I will keep you posted. I really hope I can get these guys to hatch. Been trying but the females keep eating the fry. Any tips would be awesome!!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 5:27 pm

very nice collection!!

usafishbox hi welcome2 New On Here - Page 2 422518
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 8:36 pm

Thanks Cajun Gator! I am liking this site so far. Everyone seems very friendly.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/3/2011, 11:41 pm

Alton S wrote:
Thanks Everyone, Just watched my F1 Red Shoulder spawn with the female. I have lost 3 batches in a row so will probably pull and strip her later tonight and try to tumble the eggs to hatch. I will keep you posted. I really hope I can get these guys to hatch. Been trying but the females keep eating the fry. Any tips would be awesome!!

Congratz! How many days do you wait to strip and put in the tumbler?
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/4/2011, 6:29 am

This will be my third try with a tumbler, first one was nothing but disasterous (we will forget that try). Last attempt I had 6 out of 24 eggs survive that was strip the day after spawn. I have to strip the females early because they will torment the holding female til she spits. Not sure why but I have not had a female make it a week after spawn yet. So I usually do it a day or two after they spawn. I have made some improvements to the new egg tumbler so hoping it makes a big difference. Coping a guys plans that says he has 90+ survival rate using a tumbler. If I am really lucky I will be able to move the female and hope she holds, which is what I prefer to do. But has not worked yet. Also have a new netting technique to try. If I can net her and use a cup to scoop her out of the net to move to a new tank it is suppose to keep the females from panicing from being out of the water. Worth a try this time. Will post later the results, I will be prepared for both ways.
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

Favorite Fish: : All Male 90G Peacock/Hap Tank

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/4/2011, 8:46 am

New On Here - Page 2 265353 welcome2 New On Here - Page 2 265353
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/4/2011, 11:10 am

Update on Female Red Shoulder. The trick worked great and she is in a tank all by herself. I used a net and held her in it while I used a cup to take her out of the net and into a transfer container. Then bagged her from there to put her in the new tank to acculmate to that one. She was a trooper and held for the first time. Hope she continues and the fry all make it.
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/5/2011, 7:25 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/5/2011, 7:32 am

That is great news Alton. Hope everything goes well with this batch.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/5/2011, 7:59 am

welcome Alton i see you have a nice collection of fish welcome2
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/5/2011, 8:55 am

Thanks Ben and Jesse, I have been lucky getting fish. It has been fun trading and meeting others into chiclids. Just wish there was more of them close to me. LFS here carry the cheapest chiclids they can buy. So not much variety to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New On Here   New On Here - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New On Here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: General :: Introductions and Greetings-
Jump to: