UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

What now?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PrettyBubbles
Private First Class
Private First Class
PrettyBubbles

Favorite Fish: : Gourami, Cory, Balloon Mollie, Golddust Mollie, Pleco, Goldfish, Betta ( those are all i have) I wish i could have others too

What now? Empty
PostSubject: What now?   What now? Icon_minitime5/7/2011, 8:57 pm

Hi people, so...i'm not sure what to do now, I have had a major loss to the fish i've had that i've come here to ask help for and now i'm confused again. I have 5 fish left( Yeah, enough for one hand !) in 3 tanks. I think that is such a waste of space or fish company but i'm not even sure what to do..or if I should just leave all alone.
In my 55g. I have a large pleco , a small cory and now one blue gourami
In my 29g. I have a 7inch goldfish
in my 2. is my betta ( which we already discussed can't be mixed , lol)

Anyone help..advice, suggestions welcome. After 3 years I can close my mollie project but now what lol!
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What now?   What now? Icon_minitime5/8/2011, 1:01 am

how large is the pleco? maybe keep the pleco and goldfish together, in the 55, if there is a heater and lots of filtration in there maybe; it'll be a poop factory. keep the cory, gourami, and betta together in the 29, assuming the gourami is a bigger fish. maybe something like that?
Back to top Go down
PrettyBubbles
Private First Class
Private First Class
PrettyBubbles

Favorite Fish: : Gourami, Cory, Balloon Mollie, Golddust Mollie, Pleco, Goldfish, Betta ( those are all i have) I wish i could have others too

What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What now?   What now? Icon_minitime5/8/2011, 1:45 am

Hm ! I like that suggestion, but i'm not sure if I would have enough filtration. all I have in the 55g is a 60 whisper filter, and 2 airstones that i have to an air pump. I'm not sure if that could be enough for two big fish but maybe.. I might wait a few days, in case i happen to MAYBE get new fish but what a change that would be lol
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What now?   What now? Icon_minitime5/8/2011, 2:35 am

lol well i'm thinking the 55gal kept at something like 72-75 degrees, probably want add a filter, and the 29 gal set at 75-80 degrees. both the pleco and the goldfish will poop a lot so you'll have to make sure water quality is great.
Back to top Go down
PrettyBubbles
Private First Class
Private First Class
PrettyBubbles

What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What now?   What now? Icon_minitime5/8/2011, 7:34 pm

Actually my 55g is the warmer but it was a good enough guesstimation yes
But okay..isnt that I have a Whisper 60 filter in that tank filtration enough or did you mean to my 29g? I have a filter for that one as well..I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it's a Aqueon.30 or 40 g filter
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What now?   What now? Icon_minitime5/8/2011, 11:02 pm

i'm not familiar with those filters. are they the hang of the back types? i've been using canister filters for the last 15 years. i'm sure it would be ok, just be diligent with rinsing out the filter media and the water changes, gravel vacuuming, etc What now? 772341
Back to top Go down
PrettyBubbles
Private First Class
Private First Class
PrettyBubbles

What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What now?   What now? Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 2:32 am

yes they are both hang back, out of the tank filters

this is the filter brand i have in my 29g, and it is kind of as cool as it sounds lol
http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/aqueon-power-filter74412.htm

I actually cannot find a decent link about Whisper 60 filter, but it has a dual filter carterage holders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What now? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What now?   What now? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: General Freshwater Fish Discussion-
Jump to: