UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Empty
PostSubject: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime4/26/2011, 3:48 pm

Yesterday I did a 50% water change in the 30gallon tank that they live in . Today they all went into spawning mode . There are now eggs on the glass , plants , and Java moss in the tank ! 5 more days to babies !!!
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime4/26/2011, 3:54 pm

Excellent! Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs 393849 Pygmaeus corys are hard to keep, according to my pals on the catfish website. I kept them for a while - I had about 15 and they did not fare that well. They were too small for the tank, it was too deep for them.

Good for you to have taken them this far! Congrats on the eggs. Be sure to post how it goes.
:D

Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime4/26/2011, 3:59 pm

D'Claro ,
There are probably 50 to 75 in that tank now . We started with 12. They are in a tank with a big piece of driftwood and it is covered by Java Moss. Also in that tank are a spawning couple of Peckoltia Dwarf "Zwerg" 's
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime4/26/2011, 7:18 pm

Very nice! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime4/26/2011, 7:22 pm

Very Nice!!!

yes
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime4/26/2011, 10:12 pm

Your corys sound great. My Corydoras habrosus (another dwarf species) spawned several times in a 10 gallon tank. It was set up similar to your 30 gallon with a big piece of driftwood covered in Java moss. I never saw the eggs but babies marched out of the bushes on a regular basis.

I'm not familiar with Peckotia sp. "zwerg." Are they L038?
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

PostSubject: Re: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime4/27/2011, 3:28 am

It has been said that they are one and the same as L038 . And when I look them up they look the same . Same markings , etc. And they are a dwarf "hairy" Plec.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime7/27/2011, 11:11 pm

Way to go! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 7:50 am

Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs 565291

Congratz!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs   Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corydoras Pygmaeus eggs
Page 1 of 1