UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Sexing Honduran Red Points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brad
Private
Private
Brad

Favorite Fish: : Honduran Red Point

Sexing Honduran Red Points Empty
PostSubject: Sexing Honduran Red Points   Sexing Honduran Red Points Icon_minitime4/21/2011, 11:16 pm

I have three Honduran red points that i think are all females, they are all about 1.5" long, does anybody have any experience with these? I heard that you were supposed to sex them like convicts, but not sure.
I am going to try to attach some pictures but not sure if im going to be able to.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Sexing Honduran Red Points   Sexing Honduran Red Points Icon_minitime4/22/2011, 12:05 am

usually the male is larger then the female. at 1.5" they should pair up soon.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Private
Private
Brad

Favorite Fish: : Honduran Red Point

PostSubject: Re: Sexing Honduran Red Points   Sexing Honduran Red Points Icon_minitime4/23/2011, 10:43 pm

Thats what i Thought and they all three pretty much have there own territories, so i think they are all three females.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: Sexing Honduran Red Points   Sexing Honduran Red Points Icon_minitime4/24/2011, 12:16 am

Like convicts females should have prominent red spottings on it's bellies.

http://www.borstein.info/profiles/central/archhrp.html
Back to top Go down

Sexing Honduran Red Points
Page 1 of 1