UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Spawning Gardneri

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brad
Private
Private
Brad

Favorite Fish: : Honduran Red Point

Spawning Gardneri Empty
PostSubject: Spawning Gardneri   Spawning Gardneri Icon_minitime4/15/2011, 11:47 pm

Hey Guys, i have a pair of gardneri killifish that i have been trying to get to spawn for a while now and cant seem to get any results. Does any body have any experience with these fish or can help me out?
Thanks, Brad

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

Spawning Gardneri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Gardneri   Spawning Gardneri Icon_minitime4/16/2011, 1:19 am

Not sure which one you are working with or your setup but here's what I've done:
Mine are in pair or trios in usually 5g tanks, low light usually just natural lighting that comes thru the windows. Temp low 70's, I throw a couple yarn mops in with mine and just trade them out every 7-10 days and/or throw some floating plants or java moss/fern in there in case of missing come eggs. When I pull the mops they are placed in a variety of different containers or you can pluck the eggs from them mop and put in the container or a butter dish with a thin layer of peat in the bottom and then check them after a couple days looking for eyes in the eggs then I put them back in the water. Food if I want them to really spawn alot "live foods" is what I use along the lines of black worms, walter worms, confused flour beetles, mosquito larvae (we don't have them up here yet this time of year) even daphnia works. Plus I feed them a couple times a day not alot but a little bit but most times they get a itty bitty pinch a third time since I feel guilty not giving them a treat when I feed everyone else. So for general just feed mine get a basic cichlid flake that they love but other than a couple these have all been raised on it.

Don't if that helped any with my rambling
Back to top Go down
Brad
Private
Private
Brad

Spawning Gardneri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Gardneri   Spawning Gardneri Icon_minitime4/16/2011, 6:58 am

Thanks for the info, right now they are in a five gallon with a light and heater, temp is around 75 and there is some java fern and some other thin leafed plants.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Spawning Gardneri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Gardneri   Spawning Gardneri Icon_minitime4/16/2011, 9:18 am

Nice killifish in your avatar!

hi welcome2
Back to top Go down
Brad
Private
Private
Brad

Spawning Gardneri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Gardneri   Spawning Gardneri Icon_minitime4/16/2011, 10:09 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spawning Gardneri Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spawning Gardneri   Spawning Gardneri Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spawning Gardneri
Page 1 of 1