UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

New Project Research

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bikers50
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Live Bearers

New Project Research Empty
PostSubject: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime4/15/2011, 3:44 pm

Ok, since ive got 4 aquariums and im working on finding the decor I want for my CITY OF FISH THEME aquarium, we have also decided that we want a pond. How fun! So reasearching ponds and trying to get the basics down, I just built a small retaining wall that seems really good for the pond. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
jake
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
jake

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

PostSubject: Re: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime4/15/2011, 11:29 pm

they were sellin huge liners-cut your own length at lowes.good price.I use a blower with sponge filters,a very simple setup-witha UV sterilizer.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime4/15/2011, 11:59 pm

How many gallons is you pond Jake ?
Back to top Go down
Dan W.
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : To many to list but mostly Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime4/17/2011, 8:46 pm

If you want to keep fish in it year round stick to goldfish. They can take the cold with just a small heater and take the heat if some shade is provided. Easy to keep and grow rapidly in ponds. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

PostSubject: Re: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime4/17/2011, 9:08 pm

How many gallons pond you are planning ?
carps is an opcion too
depends in size (sqf) you can cover with a dome like those use for plants
I use to do and works good here in Fl

Back to top Go down
bikers50
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 6:37 am

NOt sure on the size, we are still debating if we are just going to use a liner for the pond or actually buy 1 of those shell thingys.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

PostSubject: Re: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime4/18/2011, 4:46 pm

please let us know and I'm sure any member can help you New Project Research 393849
Back to top Go down
bikers50
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime4/21/2011, 9:00 am

OK so picked up 2 ponds yesterday, so excited. Altho I have no clue how many gallons they are, my mom took the smaller one and I took the bigger one. Got them on CL $35 for both. I thought it was a great deal since smaller ones at Lowes are $50 and $70. Ill take a pic of mine and post it up. Now I gotta figure out what all I need for it. What are the basics in order to put fish in it.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

PostSubject: Re: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime4/21/2011, 3:15 pm

the same as an aquarium
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Project Research   New Project Research Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Project Research
Page 1 of 1