UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Where do you keep them?

Go down 
+14
BFinley
CajunGator
Shaysfishys
KMX
BobV
jon31072000
jessecichlidguy
Ben
Dan W.
lichenthrope
strikingthematch
Holey Rock of Texas
James0816
SchutzhundJunkie
18 posters
AuthorMessage
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

Where do you keep them? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 11:43 am

Where do you all keep all your tanks?

I have 3 in my living room and it is too much. My daughter has one in her room and we want to put up another small tank for a nursery (20 gallons). I need to move the smaller ones because people might think I am the crazy fish lady. I had planned on moving 1-2 in my bed room since I will likely be having my 3rd spinal fusion next winter and will be in bed for a couple months. I just wanted to paint it first- my work schedule is crazy for the next 2 months so finding time is a challenge.

I am thinking about fish in my office/guest room - Would it be weird to have a guest room with fish tanks? My family room could probably take one but I don't spend a lot of time down there since it is so cold. Maybe it is time to re-arrange the family room and put in a new heat source? Thinking out loud now.

I enjoy them so much I would hate to have to put them some where out of site.

Where do you keep them? 797529 Julie dance

Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 1:10 pm

Most of mine are in the basement. I do have (1) in the dinning room, (1) in the office and my daughter has (1) in her room.

oh, and forgot about the new one in our bedroom as well. :o)

Last edited by James0816 on 3/15/2011, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 1:12 pm

mainly in the living room and fish room. only one tank is in the bedroom lol.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 1:17 pm

Most of the tanks are in the Fish Room (Garage), 1 in the quest room (planted one) 1 in the great room next to fireplace (Cichlid), 1 small one in the living room.
Back to top Go down
lichenthrope
Private First Class
Private First Class
lichenthrope

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 1:33 pm

At the moment all mine are in my office. But I would like to someday, hopefully sooner than later; have a large, shallow, planted shrimp/snail tank in the living room.
Back to top Go down
Dan W.
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : To many to list but mostly Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 1:37 pm

Oh at least one in every room and then two, three and so on, can't have to many. When you do get to many time to open your own shop! lol
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 3:33 pm

I have 2 in the "man room", 2 in the living room and 1 in the spare bedroom. Picking up more tanks soon for the man room and one for my bedroom.
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 3:40 pm

Garage turned into my fish room
Back to top Go down
jon31072000
Private First Class
Private First Class
jon31072000

Favorite Fish: : Hillstream Loach

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 11:15 pm

I kept most of our stuff right in our living room, although every room in the house has a tank. What I did is looked up plans for double stands. Initially you spend about $40 bucks at lowes, which is not the cheapest, or best imo, place you can go, but I know their prices locally. Anyhow, out of that 40, you will get enough screws and covering plywood for about 2-3 stands if you cut it wisely. After that first one, then next 2, again, depending on size, will cost you about $15. I know wood cost sways with where you are, so all is approximate, but Ive made like 6 of these of varied sizes for different uses, fish tanks, reptile tanks and amphibian tank, and still think Ive spent under $120 for all of it and saves me a ton of room while keeping most of my fish stuff in our main living room for all to enjoy. Only drawback I have is, I have dwarf puffers in a lower tank and to really see them, you need to get down on the floor. I also have very little mechanical ability or talent, so these are easy to build and assemble and most lumber places will cut everything to whatever size you want to make the job even easier. Soon Im building a 55g double stand to put somewhere as soon as I figure out where... lol. Just what has worked for me. Jon
Where do you keep them? DSC02749
Back to top Go down
BobV
Sergeant
Sergeant
BobV

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 8:11 am

the bottom room of my house is my fishroom
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 8:33 am

SchutzhundJunkie wrote:
Where do you all keep all your tanks?

Click the pic to see a video on where I keep all mine. usafishbox

Where do you keep them? Th_SDV_0690
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 12:37 pm

Uhm - my livingroom, diningroom since even though we live in Oregon if it isn't pouring or freezing we like to kick it outside. Kitchen one side is all nursery/qt tanks, have the jungle in my room and tbone has a green leopard veil angel tank and his "catch all" if it don't fit somewhere else it goes there LOL

As the weather warms all the tanks in the garage will be setup across the street, my neighbor thinks the office is going to waste and would be a great lil' shop (by appointment) along with 10 tanks just for Victorians.

Oh and everything is on racks with very few being 1 tank only and those are because they came with a stand along with location in the house.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 5:17 pm

almost every room in the house... (none in bathroom yet, but tub looks tempting sometimes!)

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 5:25 pm

Garage turned into my fish room!Only one is upstairs! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/10/2011, 8:44 pm

LOL that was mentioned here one time so took one of those wallyworld special 2 1/2g bowfronts and set it up in there LOL
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/12/2011, 1:30 pm

I would avoid putting a tank in a room that you don't use very much - IMO the tanks should be where you are.

I've got a tank in the kitchen (goldfish - hardy and not delicate due to the high traffic nature of our kitchen), one large one in the living area, and 4 in my office. I used to have a planted nano tank in the bathroom but I took that down.

I AM a crazy fish lady and proud of it!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/12/2011, 9:42 pm

I have 4 ten gallons and a 5 gallon in the bedroom with fish as well as a bunny and 4 adult gecko tanks. Living room has a 55 gal, a 2 1/2 gal with my axolotl, a 1 gal with 3 peacock endlers, a 1 gal split with a male and femal betta, 2 20s which haven't been set up yet, a 20 with a snake, 2 tens with baby bearded dragons, a ten with a baby amazon tree boa, a ten with a breeding group of leopard geckos, 2 25s with beardies as well as 2 30s with beardies, a zoomed tortoise house with a redfoot and boxie, and a 3 gal in the kitchen with black bar endlers and a guppy bowl of just pond snails! Also a 25 gal goldfish pond outside and a 45 gal turtle pond outside. Not to mention the tanks I have in the reptile room.... hehehe I sound like a crazy critter lady!
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 7:15 am

32 tanks in the first garage ( fish room ) ,a 65g in the kitchen/dining room , a 29 bio-cube at the breakfast bar , a 80g ,38g ,and 30g in the living room ,a 150g, 55g , 50 long , and a 20 long in the spare / guest bedroom , and two 40g breeders and a 29g bow front in the master bedroom .
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 9:21 am

every where lol.
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime5/13/2011, 11:41 am

I only have one but it is in the most used room in my house. The kitchen/living room level. I won't ever put one in a place that I am not able to see it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you keep them?   Where do you keep them? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you keep them?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: General Freshwater Fish Discussion-
Jump to: