UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Getting a Dog!

Go down 
+11
Elrollo
Ben
cwillis
steves_kiki
williemcd
Keelo
Snookemz
lichenthrope
wildbeanerz
KMX
istrober
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:09 am

i got an offer yesterday from one of my friends boss, they have 4 Australian Sheperds (Aussie) puppies, 3 weeks old... i heard they are very good with kids and very active dogs so me and my wife though about getting one.. heres the pic they sent me..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:11 am

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:15 am

Very cute! Yes, they are very active dogs. Do a lot of reading on them between now & when you get him/her. They are a herding dog and some of that behavior may not be acceptable in your home with children.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:36 am

Yes i've been reading about them about being a herding dog...did you guys saw the movie called "A Dog Year"?? its about that type of dog living with a single writer on a home and it was a true story so... yeah i have a good feeling about this one
Back to top Go down
lichenthrope
Private First Class
Private First Class
lichenthrope

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 10:13 am

Make sure to give the pup a 'job' to do daily. They love to work.
Back to top Go down
Snookemz
Sergeant
Sergeant
Snookemz

Favorite Fish: : believe it or not, I just love guppies.

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 10:36 am

beautiful pup! That dog will need a LOT of outdoor time and something to do - lots of walks, running with the kids, lots of fetch - something active. Oh and hide your shoes. Our puppy just hit a year old and she's still shoe eating even with the right variety of chewies and lots of them!!
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 10:56 am

i used to breed and show aussies! well me and my brother. but they can be great with kids aslong as the kids arnt to young. First time you see it get nippy on your running childrens heels it might be cute because its a puppy but start training it not to asap because it wont be cute when its full grown...

Love this breed but unless youre a good dog trainer you should consider going to some basic obedience classes, they kinda have a mind of their own sometimes but with the right training they will be amazing eager to please dogs.

when training toy reinforcement usually works great with them. if you get a puppy start getting it hooked onto tennis balls its a easy thing to carry around and when your dog does good throw it for it. Food works great for most dogs too but i dont like using food its a personal thing lol.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 11:26 am

Thanks for the tips, it helps me a lot...i know this dog its got some kind of special treats, but ill be happy to give him a good home..
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 12:13 pm

great looking pup! But dang it does hurt about 12 years later!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 4:28 pm

I have an aussie. She's a great security guard. I love her sooo much! Loves to play ball and will play for hours!
Back to top Go down
cwillis
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
cwillis

Favorite Fish: : all of them that the problem but I do favor the shubunkins.

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 8:20 pm

what a sweet face, congrats on the new addition Getting a Dog! 772341
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 9:22 pm

That dog is very cute. One of my aunts has two of them and they are awesome dogs.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 10:28 pm

Great looking dog. Great breed very smart dogs.
Back to top Go down
discuskent
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
discuskent

Favorite Fish: : discus arowana cichlids

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 10:44 pm

he is a cutie friend for life i love my boys doberman and a american bulldog good luck
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 7:12 am

Yeah thats what i've been reading about them, Have any of you seen a movie called "A Dog Year"?? if you haven't look it up on nexflix or rental and see it, its a true story about a writer living with a Aus. Shepherd.. really good film..
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 7:23 am

cool dog. im sure you will make to right desicion.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 7:31 am

yeah also my friend is getting one from the same mom so that will be a lot better, i have to wait til 4 weeks cuz he is to small to be apart from mom...
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 7:42 am

cool. deal. im sure you will give him / her a loveing home. congratz!!!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 8:52 am

Do you mean you are waiting until the puppy is four weeks old or four more weeks?

Puppies really should be away from their mom or littermates until at least 8 weeks old. Some breeders keep them until 11 or 12 weeks. There are critical learning stages in there that only their mom and littermates can help them with.

Edit.....I just noticed he is already three weeks old putting him about 7-8 weeks in 4 weeks from now. The longer with his mom & littermates the better. This is for bite inhibition and other things.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 8:56 am

good info. and i also agree.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 11:16 am

What gender are you receiving? How about a naming thread? Since this thread appears to be full of dog lovers, I'm going to have to post a pic of my wife's lil girl.Zoie..

Wife's dog and mine (Darby)... Watching me work on the master bath while they relax in bed!

And one more cool pic taken in NY the day after Christmas. Totally off topic from both fish and dogs!
Two American bald eagles.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by williemcd on 3/3/2011, 1:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 11:22 am

Bill....is there any way to make your pics larger? I would love to see them more clearly! And yes, I am a dog lover. My dogs actually come before my fish.
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 11:29 am

This is the first time my pics came out that small! I've edited three times and still the same results!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 12:24 pm

wildbeanerz wrote:
Do you mean you are waiting until the puppy is four weeks old or four more weeks?

Puppies really should be away from their mom or littermates until at least 8 weeks old. Some breeders keep them until 11 or 12 weeks. There are critical learning stages in there that only their mom and littermates can help them with.

Edit.....I just noticed he is already three weeks old putting him about 7-8 weeks in 4 weeks from now. The longer with his mom & littermates the better. This is for bite inhibition and other things.

Well she said that they can go home when they are around 8 to 9 weeks, i hope that doesn't harm the puppys growth..
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime3/3/2011, 12:27 pm

We have tought about the name, maybe Hunter?? or Bentley.. its a male by the way..

Come on dog lovers gimme some names!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting a Dog! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting a Dog!   Getting a Dog! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting a Dog!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Off Topic :: Other Pets-
Jump to: