UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

My first attempt at keeping fry alive.

Go down 
+4
KMX
Holey Rock of Texas
nitty
snowflake311
8 posters
AuthorMessage
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Empty
PostSubject: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 3:03 pm

I have a pair of blue acaras they had their 7th batch of fry saved 10 from getting eaten and well then some died when I was setting up the sponge filter so I only have 2 left. BUT my fish are getting ready to spawn again and this time I am ready.

Here are my 2 fry that I saved.

My first attempt at keeping fry alive. 4weekBAfry

They are about 4 weeks old now.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 3:12 pm

I like looking at fry. Their translucent bodies are wierdly fascinating.

Good luck dude.

Last edited by nitty on 9/30/2009, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 3:13 pm

wow. at least you have learned from your mistakes. i wish you luck this next time. keep up posted.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime9/30/2009, 4:05 pm

Congrats looking good.
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime10/1/2009, 6:11 am

Congrats on your surviving fry. Wishing you the best of luck on your future fry. My first attempt at keeping fry alive. 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime10/1/2009, 7:24 am

My first attempt at keeping fry alive. 565291 Looking good! 2 is much better than none My first attempt at keeping fry alive. 439872
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime10/1/2009, 11:16 pm

Thanks guys. Yeah these 2 are doing well. Survival of the fit is how I raise fish haha. I should a have a new batch in a few days my blue acaras are at it again. I'm going on vacations in 2 weeks for 12 days I'm a little scared that these fry will die when I'm gone.
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : broiled or grilled just not fried

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 6:40 pm

hire a babysitter party21
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 7:37 pm

are the blue acaras the ones that like like green terrors?
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime10/20/2009, 10:59 pm

Once eggs are fertilized, take it out until they hatch for a while. No need to wait for them to hatch.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 6:18 pm

Well these 2 died I think. I left for 10 days on vacation and I don't think they made. All my others are fine. But I was doing daily water changes on the fry I was looking for them and I can't find them. I just see my snail.

Yeah I know you can take them out when they are just eggs but I kind of like watching the parents take care of the eggs. I'm not a breeder.
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime10/23/2009, 9:45 pm

I do the same. I do not have the room or the tanks to keep hundreds of baby fry in. I let the parents take care of the fry for a week or two, then remove the fry that are left. Survival of the fittest!! fishing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first attempt at keeping fry alive.   My first attempt at keeping fry alive. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first attempt at keeping fry alive.
Page 1 of 1