UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

LED Lighting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

LED Lighting Empty
PostSubject: LED Lighting   LED Lighting Icon_minitime2/19/2011, 10:35 pm

I picked up a hood for a little 10g I am setting up and it had a built in led light system on it. It runs 24 leds or you can switch it to the night time mode of 2 blue leds. Just wanted to know if anybody has used led lighting and if so what are your opinions on it.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

LED Lighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Lighting   LED Lighting Icon_minitime2/20/2011, 2:47 am

I used a older marineland led fixture Double bright type has the ripple effect on the water, but that is about it on a 20gal high tank. It looks nice but either does not have the right spectrum/enough penetrating power to get to the plants in the tank. That being said leds will probably be the way to go as soon as the price drops down. LFS actually grows coral using leds that hang down like MH lamps. I have also looked at the new triple bright leds by marineland that are supposed to put out the right spectrum and intensity for a 55 gal type tank to be able to grow most sword plants (higher light plants) lfs agree to set one up and try it out so I will give it a few months and probably get one for myself...pretty reasonable at $250-$300 (thats about how much I spent on a few PC bulbs recently) and they last for 4-7 years with very little power consumption.
Back to top Go down

LED Lighting
Page 1 of 1