UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly Empty
PostSubject: white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly   white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly Icon_minitime2/7/2011, 7:43 pm

Sooo i got some guppy females from someone that had treated for ick a week before i got them, they said the fish had all cleared up. Well about two weeks ago one of them got this .... blotch of white it looked almost natural like maybe it had a white color on its head and along its back while the rest of it was silver.... well two days after the fish died and aroudn the white splotch was red.... so then i thought fungus. a week after that i got a molly that started getting cotton type spots liek ick. i put it in my hospital tank added some salt to the my normal tank and the hospital tank, the mollys spots got better but i wanted to make sure so she was still hanging in the hospital tank.

Tonight i got back from being out most of the day and realized that another female silver guppy that i got from the same person had that white blotch, it was fine this morning..... and so i guess it happened pretty fast threwout the day. I put it in with the molly and did a water change and then added some salt again.

I was checking out my molly while doing all this and her mouth is red.... liek the inside of it... never heard or seen this before.

I turned up the ehat to 78 in my normal tank and added some salt again im going to do a water change. Ive been having some water problems liek the natrite has been high but i got it all back to normal this week... maybe that has something to do with it? i have no idea and have no idea whats wrong with the fish or why its happening.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly   white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly Icon_minitime2/7/2011, 7:53 pm

my paltys are doing the same thing. just try the q tank to reduce stress and keep the tank clean.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

PostSubject: Re: white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly   white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly Icon_minitime2/7/2011, 8:44 pm

Alright... i wonder why they are doing this? if this was still from the ick before or becuase of me or what??? its really weird. especially the molly with the red mouth..... never even heard of that before...
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

PostSubject: Re: white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly   white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly Icon_minitime2/8/2011, 11:50 am

bump?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly   white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

white blotch on guppys and red mouth on molly
Page 1 of 1