UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

worst morning ever....

Go down 
+5
Holey Rock of Texas
wildbeanerz
CajunGator
BFinley
schmidtylv
9 posters
AuthorMessage
schmidtylv
Private First Class
Private First Class

worst morning ever.... Empty
PostSubject: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 9:02 am

I posted last night a picture of the rocky cichlid tank i had started to set up....

I woke up this morning and a small crack had developed on the front of the tank...

not a big crack but with a 3 year old boy running around who likes to put his hands on the tanks, I could only imigine getting a call at work from the wife that 55 gallons of water just exploded all over the place!

Needless to say I have already emptied it...

already shopping CL for another 55 or any 4 ft tank... figure i'll find one that is "tank only" since i have the top, filter etc

BAD DAY... now i gotta get in the shower and go to work... uuuggggghhhhh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 9:06 am

OHHH sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 9:07 am

Sorry to here that!I hope you find a good deal!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 9:09 am

sorry to hear about the crack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but, better than water on floor

Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 11:26 am

That sucks! Since you are looking tank only you might be able to find a good deal even at a LFS.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 11:30 am

o wow. so the stess reveiled the crack.
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 11:32 am

Owy. But on the bright side of things, at least found it first instead of the little one banging on it "FISHY!"
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 11:42 am

Not sure about over there but here in Dallas, we got one, tank only for 25 bucks....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 1:56 pm

At least you saw it!

When you get another 55g cut some egg crate to fit in the bottom to help spread the weight of the rocks.
Back to top Go down
schmidtylv
Private First Class
Private First Class

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 12:26 pm

well... had to go with a new tank instead of finding one on CL...
found a 60g (tank only) for $60 at LFS and figured that i should buy something new that actually comes with a warranty rather than spend $40 or $50 (the cheapest i could find) on CL

will update with pics as i get this thing going
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 12:36 pm

wow good deal!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 12:40 pm

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 1:35 pm

Good deal!
Back to top Go down
SeaWitch
Sergeant
Sergeant
SeaWitch

Favorite Fish: : I love goldies of any type! I also love bettas. I hope to eventually get more tropical fish, though.

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 2:23 pm

I wish I could find a 60g for $60!!!! That is an awesome deal!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 7:28 pm

60 gallons 60 bucks......thats a darn good deal! sorry to hear you had to go shop for it though.
Back to top Go down
rhondais
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Angel fish & discus

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime1/26/2011, 7:33 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad morning. It really sucks. At least on the 55's they are pretty common and you should be able to find a great deal with a little research. I recently had to replace a 46 bowfront due to the center support snapping and gradually getting further and further from the back. After about 1/4" of separation, I broke it down and set up a brand new one. So incredibly grateful that I caught it before anything had a chance to get worse! $$$

I'm sure that you will be back up and running in no time at all. It's a lot of work and can take some of the wind out of your sails, but when it's all said & done, you'll be a happy camper!

fish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: worst morning ever....   worst morning ever.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

worst morning ever....
Page 1 of 1