UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I love Craig's List

Go down 
+6
Petersmonkey
steves_kiki
mike205
ornate12
KMX
TankGirl
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

I love Craig's List Empty
PostSubject: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 4:58 pm

Well, I snagged another Craig's List deal - I feel like my luck really ought to run out soon!

I got a 45-gal with a stand (the 45 is a very nice dimension - tall rather than long), a Rena XP1, air pumps, and two full paper grocery sacks of all of the supplies you can imagine, plus a third one full of black gravel. Siphon hose (super long kind), light bulbs, nets, water conditioners, Melafix and Pimafix, charcoal, filter floss and filter bags, timed automatic feeder, air tubing... the list goes on and on. All for $50.

The guy was super nice, but just wanted all of the aquarium related items to be gone. I guess he was not having luck keeping fish alive and his wife did not think the tank went with the decor, so off I go with my prize!

I unfortunately had to remove the N. leleupi from the 150-gal because they were spooking the frontosa, and I was planning on selling the leleupi but I'd really like to keep them. I don't really need a 6th tank but this deal could not be passed up. The filter alone is $100 to buy new!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 5:02 pm

THAT IS A GREAAAAT DEAL!

Great find. Glad to see you got a good deal. 6 Tanks?? That's it? I smell more coming. If you wan't to start stacking just ask how I love Craig's List 690297 Save some space!

If you have any extra stuff you don't want save it for the VA meeting. Let some of the new commers have the goodies. I know some people are still paying store price for all there items. I like to give back and keep it with in the hobby...that way we all save a little $ I love Craig's List 641287 I love Craig's List 641287

I love Craig's List 772341
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 5:03 pm

Woo Hoo what a find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 5:05 pm

I love Craig's List 265353 Very nice!!!!
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 5:07 pm

Super deal. I have been afraid of looking at Craig's list, because of deals like this.
You're right the filter alone is much more then you paid for everything.

yes
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 5:15 pm

I have quite a collection of stuff that I will never use, or probably won't use, and I never turn anything down! I will definitely bring some stuff to the next meeting, for people who can get some use out of some of this stuff.

I have not started stacking tanks yet, Kory, lol, but we are not far off. My husband is a bit nervous about the added weight of this tank in my office, where I had planned to put it, so I might have to find a place downstairs, but we'll see how it goes.

I have actually downsized my tank collection, but am starting to build it back up, with new inspiration lately. Something in the air!
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 6:04 pm

nice
great find
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 6:16 pm

Well you see I spiked all the giveaways at the meeting with the MTS virus and a dash oh DIY syndrome so now everyone who was here has it! lol!
Back to top Go down
steves_kiki
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
steves_kiki

Favorite Fish: : I love them all and snails!

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 6:39 pm

Nice find!
Back to top Go down
Petersmonkey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Petersmonkey

Favorite Fish: : Angels

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 10:37 pm

You anit lieing !

Good stuff !
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/17/2011, 11:25 pm

Nice deal...
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 5:54 am

I just LOVE finding deals like that . Probably why I have 28 tanks running , a 19 tank system being set up , and about 20 various size tanks sitting in the spare garage !
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 7:58 am

Nice pick up. Enjoy your new tank!
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 8:13 am

lifeisgood wrote:
I just LOVE finding deals like that . Probably why I have 28 tanks running , a 19 tank system being set up , and about 20 various size tanks sitting in the spare garage !

Forget the deal on the tank, I'd give anything to have a spare garage!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime1/18/2011, 8:13 am

Awesome deal. Thank you craigslist!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love Craig's List   I love Craig's List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I love Craig's List
Page 1 of 1