UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Find some near"ish" auctions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

Find some near"ish" auctions  Empty
PostSubject: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 8:58 am

My fellow fish heads, preferably the Virginia folks and some of the local area folks. Lets start browsing some of fish clubs around and find an auction or 2 and make a road trip. I know the Raleigh Aqaurium Society has something each year "June/July" there is the capital cichid association, Charlotte has a cichlid follwing and face it, where there's fish I'll go! I'm flying out to San Antonio next fall for a big show/auction it's a 3 day event! I'm really excited to find some fish friends near-by I thought I was here alone in S.E. Virginia!
I think we could have a blast with this! I saw some wierd guys a few years ago walking around wearing some "USA Fishbox" t-shirts and working their tails off at our fish auction in San Antonio now I'm starting to see where this could go! So we can represent USA FISHBOX and help get the word out and run up and down the east coast.
JB1

ps. we have 2 JB's so I'm now JB1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 9:05 am

JB1 check also with George (Elrollo) He loves those road trips and auctions. One coming up in I believe it's March in NJ. It's the ECC auction (East Coast Cichlids). I want to go with him to this one missed the last one.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 12:45 pm

SOunds like a fun trip! I met several of the East Coast Cichlid guys at the Cincinatti ACA. Bunch of fun guys. New Jersey is a little bit further than I was looking for a day trip however, I don't think it would be hard to twist my arm! I'll have to look into that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 12:55 pm

Elrollo did it by himself the last time with others along the day would be long but a great day.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 1:05 pm

I am always down for some road trips just need a few weeks to schedule with work
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 1:06 pm

Maybe next spring we can have a USA Fishbox VA Auction...and I will fly out.

PS those weird guys wearing those fishbox shirts were me and HRT [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 2:17 pm

That one thing I'm Hoping for.
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids; mostly peacocks and haps

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 8:47 pm

How do auctions at fish stores work?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 8:56 pm

I've never heard of a fish store doing an auction. Clubs yes, not stores unless they're going out of business.
Back to top Go down
snoskiur
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids; mostly peacocks and haps

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 9:08 pm

Oh, i meant clubs...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 9:14 pm

Just like a regular auction but with fish and aquarium supplies.
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 9:16 pm

Quote :
PS those weird guys wearing those fishbox shirts were me and HRT

I know who it was!!! That is my attempt at sarcasim!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 9:17 pm

Mine also! LOL ...I knew u knew

lol! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/19/2011, 9:19 pm

"weird guys" that's not sarcasm that's the truth! rofl (Of course most people think we're all weird the way we care for fish) I'm proud to be weird! yes lol!
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/20/2011, 12:28 am

snoskiur wrote:
How do auctions at fish stores work?

Usually they have a time set up to view the fish/plants/inverts ect. You go throught the isles and write down any number of the bag that you are interested in. Then the bidding starts...With ECC auction it was pretty low to start, but people would bid high as it went along. They started the Auction with the items that were donated to help the club...Then it went to the items that were the 60/40 split...They had roughly 6 runners grabbing the items showing them and lining them up on a table in the order they were to be auctioned off in. They would also write the next 10 or so item numbers up on a white board so if something you wanted was coming up you knew not to go to the bathroom. Worked out pretty well party
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 7:51 pm

thanks Thanks for explaining this, George. I was wondering what it's like at a fish auction ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Find some near"ish" auctions    Find some near"ish" auctions  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Find some near"ish" auctions
Page 1 of 1