UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

beginning of a stream tank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

beginning of a stream tank Empty
PostSubject: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 9:24 pm

Tamk 33L
2- Odyssea EX250 powerheads (250 GPH each)
rounded edge gravel
petrified wood
rocks
Java Fern
2- 100W CFB clip on lamps

This is just a test run of the tank. Will be doing a 3/4" pvc flow under gravel when I get to Lowes to buy the PVC.

Pics are not the best but you get the idea.

beginning of a stream tank Pond002
beginning of a stream tank Pond005beginning of a stream tank Misc052
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 9:47 pm

Very cool. Some darters would be awesome in there!
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 10:13 pm

Do you have your power heads at opposite ends of the tank? It looks like it from the first pic. Just curious as it would create a cross current if so.

Great start BTW. And you need to stop, because I'm chomping at the bit to fire mine back up. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 10:27 pm

no they are on one end only but without th pvc it's pooling the other end plus buubles from just being filled
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 10:35 pm

will you be putting pvc in the tank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 10:59 pm

yes as soon as I can get to Lowes which will be a couple of days at least
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/15/2011, 11:43 pm

Are you going to try hillstream loaches??? I was planning on setting up a tank with them and panda garas similiar to what you are working on keep us informed.

Also are you going to drill holes in pvc making it and undergravel filter or do sponge on one end powerhead on the other?
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 8:14 am

FishVixen wrote:
no they are on one end only but without th pvc it's pooling the other end plus buubles from just being filled

k...just how the pic looked with the bubbles at both ends. Awesome progress.

Elrollo wrote:
Also are you going to drill holes in pvc making it and undergravel filter or do sponge on one end powerhead on the other?

The sponges are the filters as they sit on the pvc. Are you referring to drilling holes on the pvc stem that the sponge sits on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 8:16 am

sponge on the end for flow through I do not want undergravel effect. Yes I want to find some nice hillstream loaches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime1/16/2011, 5:24 pm

Got the PVC and sponges will build tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beginning of a stream tank   beginning of a stream tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

beginning of a stream tank
Page 1 of 1