UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Regular terra cotta pots?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Regular terra cotta pots? Empty
PostSubject: Regular terra cotta pots?   Regular terra cotta pots? Icon_minitime9/23/2009, 4:22 am

Can I use the regular Terra cotta pots you can get at craft store in my tanks?
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Regular terra cotta pots?   Regular terra cotta pots? Icon_minitime9/23/2009, 5:11 am

Yes, that's what I use. If you get a masonry drill bit, you can also put holes into the sides of them and have them upside down to form a cave. Placing them on the side without drilling works too but the fish don't feel as "safe".
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: Regular terra cotta pots?   Regular terra cotta pots? Icon_minitime9/23/2009, 5:58 am

Yes you can. They come in all different sizes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular terra cotta pots?   Regular terra cotta pots? Icon_minitime9/23/2009, 6:00 am

Ok thanks. I guess I will get a variety of sizes. I can attempt to drill some but none of my masonry bits are really sharp any more. Whats size hole is the standard?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular terra cotta pots?   Regular terra cotta pots? Icon_minitime9/23/2009, 9:27 am

Um.... Another dumb question. Can I just rinse them and put them right in the tank or do I need to soak them for a few days?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular terra cotta pots?   Regular terra cotta pots? Icon_minitime9/23/2009, 12:46 pm

I went ahead and rinsed them thoroughly and just put 'em in the tank. Lemme know if I need to get 'em out.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Regular terra cotta pots?   Regular terra cotta pots? Icon_minitime9/23/2009, 12:49 pm

A good rinse is fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular terra cotta pots?   Regular terra cotta pots? Icon_minitime9/23/2009, 1:23 pm

Ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regular terra cotta pots?   Regular terra cotta pots? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regular terra cotta pots?
Page 1 of 1