UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

my status update!

Go down 
+2
wildbeanerz
dcninja757
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : Fish

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 1:51 pm

my 55 gallon fresh died unexpectedly... all dead when i came home, no clue why. my 3 apple snails managed to cling to live and i put them in a cricket keeper with water, they have been alive for 2 days. I turned my 10 gallon salt into a freshwater tank for them, gonna put them in it with some live plants and a few tetras or something and let it chill....

my 55 is now going to be a salt tank, i'm mixing the salt right now for it. i need a light for it, what light do you recommend for a 55 if i'm going to be having anemone and coral and all that, the works? i only have one little piece of live rock in there now along with a regular rock that I'm hoping will turn live. also have one big bag of live sand in it, it covers the bottom but I hear that's not enough, but it's a start.

just wanted to let everyone know what was up, I was devastated when my fish died and kind of took a break from the forums...

the water smelled like chlorine, i had just did a water change before they died too, maybe it was something in the tap water... lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 2:11 pm

Bummer about your freshies! That really sucks to lose them all. But on a side note you now are moving into your larger SW tank like you wanted. Things have a way of working out whether we realize it or not at first.
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 2:37 pm

yea, true... hopefully the snails do well in the ten gallon, it was salt so i'm hoping i got all the salt out... a little salt wont hurt them right?
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 2:43 pm

rince it well in vinegar and water the'll be fine. I hope you are using RO/DI in this new tank!!!?? affraid
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 2:53 pm

They are snails. Salt will hurt them. I agree on the vinegar rinse.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 2:58 pm

Aquaticlife 4x54w t5ho. I'm in love with these fixtures.
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 5:29 pm

Its a bummer about your fish but like said before. Everything has a way of working its self out. If you need some sand i have a partial bag left if you are interested in looking at the meet and greet
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 9:18 pm

Id go but that's a little far for me, and I think I have to work too :(
Back to top Go down

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 9:36 pm

sad That happened to me last week with my angel fry but I forgot to add dechlorinator to the tap water. my status update! 196631 Even with experience we make huge mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/3/2011, 10:39 pm

Check out pet paradise they have the coral life 48" fixture with 4xcompacts and 2x 175w metal hilides should be enough to do most SW reef tanks...think it was $2-300
Back to top Go down
dcninja757
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime1/4/2011, 2:03 am

awesome! ive been going to simply pets on military, but i love pet paradise too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my status update! Empty
PostSubject: Re: my status update!   my status update! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my status update!
Page 1 of 1