UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

freaked out yesterday ... for a minute

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Empty
PostSubject: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 9:31 am

Looked in my tank and saw this...
freaked out yesterday ... for a minute 1293813624

Then I looked closer and saw this...
freaked out yesterday ... for a minute 1293813623

He has molted about every 4-6 weeks but not usually right out in the open like that. It's usually hidden so I see him moving about before I notice the shed. I thought for a minute that I lost my shrimpy! But I didn't he is alive and well and as ornery as ever!!
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 9:39 am

Been there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 10:13 am

Ya I would have freaked out too!
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 10:16 am

Do you target feed your cleaner? I rarely call stuff cute, but melt some frozen mysis in a cup of tank water, and suck that up with a turkey baster and just gently squeeze a little into the tank. My cleaner will come right up to the tip invert itself and eat the goo coming out like I'm bottle feeding a kitten or something. My pep and my cowri will do this as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 10:24 am

You can also hand them a thawed out krill, they will jump right on your hand to get it. I have the ones at my lfs well trained funny and they sell very well when you show folks that!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 10:26 am

Nice!
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:09 am

I've never target fed him but he loves brine shrimp. He likes to clean my hands while I clean the tank too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:11 am

try handing him a small krill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:16 am

Reminds me of my fiddler crab that would climb on top of the tank and wave his claw to by fed.
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:54 am

I don't have any of that kind of stuff around. I'll have to get some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 12:10 pm

and snippet of food that you can hold in your fingers and give to him would work, its pretty neat to do.
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 12:11 pm

I'll have to try that. I like to watch all the little legs he has underneath when he is swimming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 12:20 pm

Once they get used to it all your little shrimp will flock to your hand when it is feeding time.

I target feed some of the larger corals at work will krill and very long tweezers, The shrimp would always steal the first krill so I just started handing them each one first and then feed the corals. Some Clowns will also grab them and feed them to their host.
cyclop-eeze thawed out in a little tank water is a great food for the small corals, you use an eyedropper to target feed them, no more than 1-2 times a week though. Feeding like that is not necessary but sure helps out with the growth!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: freaked out yesterday ... for a minute   freaked out yesterday ... for a minute Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

freaked out yesterday ... for a minute
Page 1 of 1