UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

Favorite Fish: : all of them along with mermaids and me I'm a Pisces.

texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Empty
PostSubject: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 12:58 am

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/dallas-ft-worth-aquatic-plant-club/75719-forwarded-aquatic-gardeners-association.html

tdwp is going even harder at the planted tank hobbiest in the state of texas, and wants to make a even bigger "black" list of not aloud to own, grow,buy,sell,trade.. :( for crying out loud cryptocoryne's are on the list.

if you care about your aquatic plant you will be at the ft. worth meeting and telling them to shove it... stand up before all we can have is plastic plants in are tanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 8:49 am

I love how one person gets a band wagon going because they don't like something and the next thing you know it's a law.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 8:52 am

Oh god that's horrible!

I understand limiting it some just because yall are like FL if it gets out it will grow. But that is just going power Hungry right there! Crypts don't grow fast enough to be a nuisance plant!
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:58 am

write your senator tell them you do not want this to pass post notices at fish stores...yeall loud enough..eventually someone will hear it..it usually the cops though
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 1:03 pm

Glad I'm not teaching in that state! Wew! Lot of reading to do, and then it's not really clear as to if educators must purchase permits or not...... I'd have all fake plants if I were in that state!
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 1:50 pm

HA, yeah and well the cops here it I would be bleeding the fiveth. texas wild life thinks they know it all these are the people that put tropical fish in there pond with no heater or filter, thinking it will be okay, and throw duckweed in there and wonder why there pond is a mess and there fish die all the time. it saddens me that they get the power over the aquatic plants and don't even have a clue.. what will be next only fake driftwood in aquariums HA HA. give them a $100.00 and they will try to get $100,000,000 from aquatic plant people. :( just try to pass this aloud... because it could be texas that passes the list, then what's next the whole usa?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 3:14 pm

TP&W is being forced by the state from a bill passed in 2009. Cyrpt. Becketti was release into the San Marcus river and was treatening the Wild Rice which is endangered. Aquatic plants are in lots of lakes where power plants discharge warm water. Yes the rest of the states should beware. Lots of state follow Texas. Hygro Poly. is on the Federal list of plants you can not have. For your info the list WILL be enacted as is. The meetings are a formality before it takes effect. Law says thats what they have to do. Sorry to have to pass this info on.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 8:05 pm

I am sure whatever the reason is...the real reason is $$$$
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 8:14 pm

Yes money is an issue. They are planning on fining people to educate the public.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/1/2011, 9:13 pm

Yeah like every other program where 1 cent on the dollar goes to it the rest goes to pay someones $3,000,000 house payment.
Back to top Go down
plantedtankdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
plantedtankdude

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 8:59 am

it's about the money, it takes your to do the research of what plants are invasise and which ones aren't... the fines will make the planted tank people only want plastic plants. the rumor is the fines will be $500.00 per a plant.. and the only reason a crypt is on the list is because of the problem with the rice down in san marcos. but how is texas wild life department going to know what crypt is what crypts can be a identified till they start flowering... plus what about cross breed plants. or anubias nana? --- say it's on the white list well you know some dumb butt will put anubias nana petite on the black list... the hobbiest that know there stuff need to come together... that is what us dfwapc want to do... go to the meeting, and give a well thought out speech. plus what about the nursies who mis label a plant wrong, or some one else a plant under the wrong name..... it's the aquarium plant people that need to stand up and take a stand and say we have been studying this and that plant. these are the plants that should be on the white list, and these are the plants that should be on the black list because ..............
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime1/2/2011, 8:37 pm

Hated it when TWRA banned elodea from our state. That plant was a STAPLE in every biology class! Nothing was better under a microscope to see fluidity of the matrix, etc.... Nothing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants   texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

texas is making a new "black" list on aquatic plants
Page 1 of 1