UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

More new friends

Go down 
+4
proyect01
whisper
BFinley
James0816
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

More new friends - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: More new friends   More new friends - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 1:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Had them for a couple weeks now. Recently swapped the substrate from PFS to Eco Complete. Had to make sure they were going to make it through the swap ok.

Stunning guys I must say.

More new friends - Page 2 DarkGreen1

More new friends - Page 2 DarkGreen2
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
James0816
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: More new friends   More new friends - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:02 pm

Fern wrote:

You too can have your very own indoor plywood pond

Yep, it is a plywood tank. I'm debating though if I want to have an angle iron frame welded. 10 feet is quite a span.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More new friends   More new friends - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:07 pm

take a look at the thread, I have very high grade aluminum angle iron (made to live in water) screwed in 2 places across the span. And the inner and outer ribs help a bunch. It has held up very well, my only fail point is the pump box... I just plain old need to rethink that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More new friends   More new friends - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:08 pm

how tall are you building a 10 foot tank to need a welded frame
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: More new friends   More new friends - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:12 pm

3'. It's quite a span for the glass and would rather be more safe than sorry. Not set in stone, but since I know someone who welds, it might just be an advantage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More new friends   More new friends - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 8:16 pm

Ah you're using glass also I thought a full plywood. Hey if you can get it done why not better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More new friends   More new friends - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More new friends
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2