UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

READ FIRST!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

READ FIRST! Empty
PostSubject: READ FIRST!   READ FIRST! Icon_minitime9/18/2009, 8:07 pm

THIS FORUM IS FOR SALTWATER FISH QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS ONLY! If you have questions regarding care and or compatibility of fish, post them here all inquires for a sick fish or something siilar should be posted in the sick fish forum. Thank you READ FIRST! 41986
Back to top Go down
bek47
Private
Private

READ FIRST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: READ FIRST!   READ FIRST! Icon_minitime10/27/2009, 3:25 pm

HELP !!!
My reef tank is overrun with red algea.
What am I doing wrong ?
Bek
Back to top Go down

READ FIRST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: READ FIRST!   READ FIRST! Icon_minitime10/27/2009, 4:01 pm

bek47 wrote:
HELP !!!
My reef tank is overrun with red algea.
What am I doing wrong ?
Bek

red algae? almost like a red slime? if teh red algae is more like a red slime then what you have is a cyano bacterial slime. there are a few things you can do to get rid of it. with that said please give me some more specifics.

what i need to know is how big is the tank, what are your waters parameters, what kind of livestock you have in it, type of lighting, age of bulbs, last time you did a water change, etc. some of the things to get rid of the red slime algae and whether you can do them safely or not depends on certain things.

red cyanobacteria can be caused by high nitrates for one thing and if you recently added alot of live rock to your tank.

when you add new live rock to your tank it will have some die off which will raise nutrients that the red slime needs. please post the information i requested as well as some pics of your tank so i can see what is going on. thanks.
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

READ FIRST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: READ FIRST!   READ FIRST! Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:32 pm

true, what are your water parameters? is it slime or hair...what type of lighting is on it and what are you stocked with?
Back to top Go down

READ FIRST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: READ FIRST!   READ FIRST! Icon_minitime10/28/2009, 9:37 pm

juice28 wrote:
true, what are your water parameters? is it slime or hair...what type of lighting is on it and what are you stocked with?

if you hear from this person let me know so we can try and help him out, i havent heard from him at all.
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

READ FIRST! Empty
PostSubject: Re: READ FIRST!   READ FIRST! Icon_minitime10/29/2009, 1:35 am

no prob ill be onthe look out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

READ FIRST! Empty