UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

help me place fish to tanks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

help me place fish to tanks Empty
PostSubject: help me place fish to tanks   help me place fish to tanks Icon_minitime12/22/2010, 9:19 am

im having trouble putting fish in the tanks that fit there size for breeding so let me know how you would set this up

here is my stock list

https://usafishbox.forumotion.com/t4961p12-sl-jessecichlidguy-stock-list#79929

10g tanks= 12
20g tanks= 6
25g tanks= 2
30g tanks= 4
37g tall= 1
40g tanks= 1
60g tanks= 5
120g divided=
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: help me place fish to tanks   help me place fish to tanks Icon_minitime12/22/2010, 10:54 am

bump
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help me place fish to tanks   help me place fish to tanks Icon_minitime12/22/2010, 3:21 pm

The jewels can go in a 10g same with each pair of brichardi. Or 20g if you like but small mated pairs like that seem to do just fine in a well maintained 10g.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: help me place fish to tanks   help me place fish to tanks Icon_minitime12/22/2010, 3:55 pm

jessecichlidguy wrote:

im having trouble putting fish in the tanks that fit there size for breeding so let me know how you would set this up

here is my stock list

https://usafishbox.forumotion.com/t4961p12-sl-jessecichlidguy-stock-list#79929

10g tanks= 12
20g tanks= 6
25g tanks= 2
30g tanks= 4
37g tall= 1
40g tanks= 1
60g tanks= 5
120g divided=

Breeders

Pelvichromis pulcher(Kribensis)...1m1f 20G

Red Jewels...1m1f 20G

Daffodil Brichardi's... 3 pairs 20G

Blue socolofi... 2m1f 30G ADD more Females

*Metriaclima estherae (Red Zebra cichlid) 37Tall

*Electric Yellow Labs (Labidochromis Caeruleus) 30G

*Kenyi (Pseudotropheus lombardoi) 30G

*Powder blue cobue 30G

Future Breeders:

Blue ventralis (sex unknow) unsplit the 120G and give it to them. add more females.

Electric Blue Rams (sex unknown)

*Apitogramma Cacatuoides 1m/1f 20G

*juliachromis maleri 1m/1f 20G

Grow Outs
(almost ready 4 sale)

Pelvichromis pulcher(Kribensis)...D.O.B august 12 2010

Red Jewels... D.O.B august 18 2010

Blue socolofi

Fry

Pelvichromis pulcher(Kribensis)...

Red Jewels...

Blue socolofi...

Daffodil Brichardi's...

Ready 4 sale

Blue Socolofi... 1-2" sex unknow 6 total************************* $6.00ea

Red Jewels... 1/2 - 1" sex unknown 30 total********************** $3.00ea

Pelvichromis pulcher(Kribensis)...1/2 - 1" sex unknown 25 total******* $5.00ea

WANTS

Ruby reds 30-40G 2M 10females

xmas fulu 30-40G 2M 10females

moorii blue dolphins <--Need a nice sized tank. Talk to jackd and Fern

cockatoo dwarf ????

colony of fronts <-- Need a 150G or bigger.

On a side note
putt all fry / juvies / grow outs in your smaller tanks. I would re arrange your tanks and try to do all the same. For example. 10G, 20G long, 40G breeders , 120G, That way you can have more tanks, looks more organized , which = more space and more fish ;0)
Just take a dddeeeeeep thought about what you are really wanting to accomplish and then do it. Get the fish you wan't and make sure you do the research. DON'T just start adding fish b/c they are being sold as breeders and you think , Oh cr@p I can get some fry outta of this. Research what you want and buy large groups that way spawning occurs frequenlty and offten. If you lose a male or a few females no big deal you still have plenty. If you have trios and pairs, stuff can happen at any time. Also when it's breeding time stuff gets a litte hot, fish stress, fish die ect ect. You just never can pre dict what is going to happen. Always better to have a large group of a species. Finally, which you already know but I must say. NO mixing species that are similiar. For example. Victorians, Mbuna , Peacocks. = Hybrids , Which = poop

I would start looking for bigger tanks also. Once you get organzied you will see how much more you can have. 2 years ago I was doing the same exzact thing and it cost $$$$$.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help me place fish to tanks   help me place fish to tanks Icon_minitime12/22/2010, 5:10 pm

I have a ton of moorii juvys in my sump, I will be getting a sw air cargo acct in the near future so I can ship in nearly any weather.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help me place fish to tanks   help me place fish to tanks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help me place fish to tanks
Page 1 of 1