UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

headmax ques

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

headmax ques Empty
PostSubject: headmax ques   headmax ques Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 1:53 pm

Tell me if this is right....I have a powerhead with a FLmax of 1100L/H...And a head max of 1.6m which is like 5 foot...so say i run 2.5 foot of tubing from the powerhead and that would meen my flow is now half of the 1100L/h and is now 550L/h????????
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

headmax ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: headmax ques   headmax ques Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 1:57 pm

no all that means is at that specific footage thats the L/H you get if you go any farther then that you will lose that but the shorter the run you may gain more if that doesnt happen you will definetly have that precise pressure only running that short of a distance make sense
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

headmax ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: headmax ques   headmax ques Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 2:09 pm

most of what i have been reading says the flmax of 1100l/h means it will do the full 1100l/h right out of the box and no tubing attachted to it at all...and any distance of tubing added will then drop the flow rate...so basically its saying if i had any at all over 1.6 m of tubing then i would have 0 flow rate
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

headmax ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: headmax ques   headmax ques Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 2:14 pm

i dont think thats how it works because on the box its says this much pressure at this many feet right so if you wwere to put that pump on the ground and to the top of your tank thats what the flow rate per hour is im almost positive thats how it works my rio pumps like 1300 and that thing will shoot water 6 feet when it releases outta my tank i have to turn the ballvalve down so water doesnt get everywher
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

headmax ques Empty
PostSubject: Re: headmax ques   headmax ques Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

headmax ques
Page 1 of 1