UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'

Go down 
+5
CajunGator
kaida
mike205
08can-am
KMX
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Empty
PostSubject: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 7:43 pm

Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Goldfi10

What a whopper! Angler Raphael Biagini got the surprise of his life when he landed this gigantic koi carp on a fishing trip to France. At 30lb it's thought to be the largest of its kind ever caught in the wild

It might look like an enormously generous fairground prize.

But no goldfish bowl in the world could contain this catch.

The orange koi carp weighs 30lb - the same as an average three-year-old girl - and is thought to be one of the largest of its kind ever captured.

It took Raphael Biagini ten minutes to reel the creature out of a lake in the south of France - moments after fellow anglers told him they had spent six years trying to snare the legendary 'giant goldfish'.
Mr Biagini, pictured, said: 'To begin with, we couldn't tell what was at the end of the line, but we knew it was big.
More...Meet the couple who don't bother keeping wolves from their door... they invite them in (and now have TEN)
Poor weather leads to conker crisis as storms blow away the last of summer

'The fish was a good fighter, but not enough to win.'

After an impromptu photoshoot, the 30-year-old from Montpellier returned his prize catch to the water.

usafishbox usafishbox

Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 8:02 pm

i saw this on aol news a while back. I think this is a old story. ALot of people then thought it was fake. like it was photo shopped. Looks weird to me
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 8:20 pm

Yea I found it when I loged onto Yahoo. Was one of the top stories of 2010. LOL
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 8:30 pm

wow that thing would look good in the pond im building for this summer
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 8:44 pm

mike205 wrote:
wow that thing would look good in the pond im building for this summer
Cant wait to see that pond. You will have to do a blog post about it. Keep us updated on the progress. Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' 690297
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 8:47 pm

ok i will
Back to top Go down
kaida
Private First Class
Private First Class
kaida

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 8:49 pm

Not a new story but still a very cool one!. With enough food, time and space Koi totally get that big. The largest in captivity is a little over 4ft long. The oldest one that I know of is 78yrs old. It's owned by a family of professional koi keepers and has out lived 3 of it's keepers. The oldest koi ever was 200yrs young when it passed away. They're amazing animals to say the least!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 8:52 pm

Wowzer thats a nice long life.

Good info Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' 772341
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 9:25 pm

WOW nice catch.... i think thats the one that got away form me last summer!!!

Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' 265353
Back to top Go down
ornate12
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
ornate12

Favorite Fish: : Ornate Bichirs, Synodontis Angelicus, Filamentosus barb,
Aristochromis Christyi, Ptychochromis Grandidieri and all other Madagascar cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 10:43 pm

I was wondering, what the age would be at this size?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/18/2010, 10:52 pm

OLD! lol!
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 12:49 am

The fish in my Profile pic was 42lbs...i call bull on goldfish...and why is the guy so dry...we used to live on a canal and pull out 7-10 lbs carp/goldfish all day long great game fish put up hellofa fight
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 1:43 am

kaida wrote:
Not a new story but still a very cool one!. With enough food, time and space Koi totally get that big. The largest in captivity is a little over 4ft long. The oldest one that I know of is 78yrs old. It's owned by a family of professional koi keepers and has out lived 3 of it's keepers. The oldest koi ever was 200yrs young when it passed away. They're amazing animals to say the least!

wow i did not know that.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 1:44 am

the picture looks photoshopped to me lol.
Back to top Go down
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime12/20/2010, 11:10 am

Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' 858205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'   Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fisherman catches massive 30lb 'goldfish'
Page 1 of 1