UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I really want a Severum...

Go down 
+3
philuponthepho
R2 Ranch
snowflake311
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

I really want a Severum... Empty
PostSubject: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime9/16/2009, 7:39 pm

So I really want to get a little 2" Severum baby and watch her grown. I hear they like to eat plants how bad are they about eating plants? I would want to grow her out in a 55 gal tank with a Blue acara and EBJD.

I'm working on making some room for a 80 Gal tank right now so a larger tank is in the future for me. I found one for $100 comes with heater, filter, stand, gravle fake plants, and Light. If my husband gets a new Wet Suit I am getting another tank.

The plan is to keep my 55 gal running and just move my fish around maybe get some more I don't know. I'm cichlid Crazy crazy

What do you think should I get one. I saw some at a pet store for only $4.00 they were labelled as Jack dempseys. Yeah this store has no clue what kind of fish they get in it pathetic. I was so tempted to get one but all my tanks are filled up at the moment I have a fry tank and a holding tank for a fish I am rehoming Or I might keep her if I get the larger tank. .
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 6:00 pm

Well I got rid of my Medusa pleco and flying fox. I bought a 1" Green severum I had to have one. Don't worry I will be getting a larger tank for him when is grows. So far so good they are getting along checking each other then going on their ways.

I can't want to see what this little fish grows up to be like. Right now he is just really cute and dull color.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime9/17/2009, 6:36 pm

Pics please fish
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

Favorite Fish: : Any that belong to me.

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime9/18/2009, 7:51 am

I love my severum's I have several that are 4 + inches long. Your baby will grow fast. I wish you the best of luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime9/18/2009, 8:01 pm

R2 Ranch wrote:
I love my severum's I have several that are 4 + inches long. Your baby will grow fast. I wish you the best of luck!!!!

So very true. All babies grow up so fast. I have a 9 month old daughter, she is growing like a weed.

How old are your 4" severum?

My Blue acaras grew really fast the first few months I had them and now at almost 4" they have slowed down.
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime12/3/2009, 5:37 am

Talking about the delay in response.... Dangit!!!! My large severums are 2+ years. How is your little severum doing?[i] I really want a Severum... 393849
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime12/3/2009, 9:17 am

I think I have a girl not sure yet. She is doing awesome growing so fast and loves to eat. She is great with the other fish a ebjd and blue acara. She is cute.

How big is yours? Here she is nip is her name.

I really want a Severum... NIP2in
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime12/3/2009, 10:49 am

Are you going to breed her with a red devil and make u some Blood Parrots that I can steal? lol!
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime12/3/2009, 12:02 pm

philuponthepho wrote:
Are you going to breed her with a red devil and make u some Blood Parrots that I can steal? lol!

that's a big no. I will never breed again. I had a blue acaras pair it was nothing but drama. I also don't care much for hybrids.
Back to top Go down
R2 Ranch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
R2 Ranch

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime12/3/2009, 3:18 pm

Most are all 3-4 inches. I have a few that was given to me that were the size of a quarter and now are 2 inches.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime12/3/2009, 9:25 pm

Only 3-4 " and 2 yr old. Mine was going so fast I was scared I would need larger tank sooner.
Back to top Go down
FH808
Private
Private
FH808

Favorite Fish: : Severum

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 4:48 pm

Severums are awesome, I have a red one, bout 8in. Pics in gallery under my profile name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 5:29 pm

severums and red devils do not equal blood parrots
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 7:09 pm

fishman13218 wrote:
severums and red devils do not equal blood parrots

You sure about that? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_parrot_cichlid
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 7:11 pm

Well I'm putting together a 5ft 100 gal tank and I ordered 2 more severums a heros notatus and a super red they will be here this week I should have my tank up next week. I should have the new tank up next week.

The new fish will be Kept in a holding tank till the new tank is up.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 12:05 am

NICE!!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 9:39 am

Nice sevi!!!!!!!!!!!!
looks kool! how big are ur other fish?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 10:26 am

It is speculated that could be one of the crosses. Its a jack dempsey and a red devil
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 10:46 am

My cichlids are 3-4" still babies but growing fast.
Here is a new photo of my severum.
I really want a Severum... Nipbright
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 10:47 am

looks beutifull......:)
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 11:39 am

Make you some babies for me to buy! lol
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 12:06 pm

lol yeah
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 5:57 pm

The 2 I ordered came today. I'm done buying fish now I have everything I want now.

Here are the new babies.

Mr pink. 1.5"
I really want a Severum... RMrredday1

Here is Spot a f1 heros notatus 1"
I really want a Severum... P2242682

sorry guys I'm not into breeding it's too much work.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 8:07 am

NICE FISH!!!!!
they look great
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 9:04 am

Thanks. The best part about keeping severums is watching them grow. These little guys will change a lot over the next few months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really want a Severum...   I really want a Severum... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I really want a Severum...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next