UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

how long is to long?

Go down 
+4
KMX
khrister
alkomist
sal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

how long is to long? Empty
PostSubject: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/7/2010, 8:34 am

Well I have a problem that I have been wanting for a long time, to much fry and not enough tanks! What I have been doing is moving the holding female to a 10gl or 20gl(whatever was empty) but now i have fry af all size's and about 10 different species. So I have made some tumblers and now have 8 tumblers going cuz i have nomore tanks available, now, how long can i keep them in the tumblers? I dont plan on buying more tanks any time soon, Oh and by the way my fishies are no special or rare breed, so if anybody local wants to trade or something let me know.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/7/2010, 9:16 am

lol nice!!!!
i would help you out in gettin some fishies bro but yea.......you would know what i mean if youve read my Recap post! no more tanks:(
sept a 20L and i cant even really use it.........
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/7/2010, 9:19 am

floating nurseries...that is how David do it how long is to long? 690297
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/7/2010, 9:21 am

Sal Put a add on CL. Just make sure you tell anyone that comes over for fish about us usafishbox

You can start mixing fry just as long as you can tell them apart. You can also let the female hold longer instead of moving her to a tank. Just wait until shes ready to spit. You can set up a pond/tub and use as a grow out.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/7/2010, 9:42 am

its best to move the fry / juvies is possible. the cr@p quaters cuases problems eventully with several deaths resulting.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/7/2010, 9:53 am

Plastic tubs with sponge filters really works well. At Walmart 40g tubs for under $20
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/7/2010, 10:18 am

if i were you i will setup a small pond to keep all those fry's mixed.. how long is to long? 393849
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/7/2010, 11:15 am

CajunGator wrote:
Plastic tubs with sponge filters really works well. At Walmart 40g tubs for under $20

how long is to long? 858205 how long is to long? 858205 I have few full of fishys at the moment, they work great... how long is to long? 393849
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/8/2010, 5:22 am

I grow out plants in them with mosquito fish in them.
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/8/2010, 4:32 pm

Plastic tub it is. I will go tonight and pick one or two up and a few sponge filters. Always wanted to have a fry problem but I didnt realize how much work they are. One other thing......some of my eggs in the tumblers are getting this weird fungus looking stuff (kinda clear) and they are sticking to the sides in bunches, only some( my red fin borleyi and rt.hongi eggs mainly) This is my first time doing the tumbler thing and Im not sure im doing it right, should i be worried or let them be?
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/8/2010, 4:54 pm

To many fry is a good problem!!! Those could be un-fertilized eggs you got. If its a fungus it will kill all the eggs if you dont get the bad ones out. Good luck... how long is to long? 393849
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime10/8/2010, 5:13 pm

JACK D wrote:
To many fry is a good problem!!! Those could be un-fertilized eggs you got. If its a fungus it will kill all the eggs if you dont get the bad ones out. Good luck... how long is to long? 393849
Thanks, I kinda figured they wer no good, gonna dump them out now. My borleyi are kinda young so I'll wait till next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how long is to long?   how long is to long? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how long is to long?
Page 1 of 1