UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

blackskirt tetras in very high PH

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

blackskirt tetras in very high PH Empty
PostSubject: blackskirt tetras in very high PH   blackskirt tetras in very high PH Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 9:45 am

I dont know about everyone else but my blackskirt tetras seem to thrive in 8.4 ph they are super hardy only bad thing is never been able to get them to breed in that high of a ph
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: blackskirt tetras in very high PH   blackskirt tetras in very high PH Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 9:59 am

Quite a few tetras will tolerate higher PH but they don't breed like you said.
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: blackskirt tetras in very high PH   blackskirt tetras in very high PH Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:19 am

If you're interested in breeding them, there is plenty of info out there. Just make sure that any changes you make to their water chimistry are done very slowly.

I'm currently setting up a tetra breeding tank, but will also have to set up a "half-way" tank so I can acclimate them to the softer water.

Keep in mind that most of your natural water softeners contain a certain amount of tannin (tanic acid) that can turn your water slightly yellow, so if you are going to try for show water, and soft water, you may have to make a choice.

The natural water softeners are much safer and more stable than the chemical additives.

Let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blackskirt tetras in very high PH   blackskirt tetras in very high PH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

blackskirt tetras in very high PH
Page 1 of 1