UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

neolamprologus brichardi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Addictedtofish
Private
Private
Addictedtofish

Favorite Fish: : Altolamprologus Compressiceps and Calvus.

neolamprologus brichardi Empty
PostSubject: neolamprologus brichardi   neolamprologus brichardi Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 6:59 pm

Anyone have experience with these? I bought a juvenile colony of troheus chimba's and the guy I bought these from also breeds the princess of burundi's and had them in the same tank. Ive had them in the tank for one day now and up till late morning all three birchardi's have been out swimming with the chimba's then by eleven am till now one of them have been hiding in a crevice of a rock and didnt come out to eat for there evening feeding. There is alot of aggresion from the chimba's fighting and even sometimes the birchadi's get into quarrel but the thrid one stays hidden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus brichardi   neolamprologus brichardi Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 7:10 pm

The brichadis are best in their own tank, they will breed out anyone they share a tank with and are quite aggressive. I have 20ish in a heavily planted 75g and they are slightly quarrelsome but not too bad.
These guys have a clan mentality, protect the clan and grow the clan. Everyone protects everyone from outsiders. Once newcomers are accepted into the clan the aggression dies down. They breed with the clan mentality, the 2 parents protect the nest and the clan protects the 'border'. Once they have fry everyone helps raise them, even older fry pitch in and help with the younger fry.
I find them to be a fantastic fish if kept in their own tank! They don't harm any plants unless they dig them up or bury them, they are avid diggers, they can and will re-scape your tank in a day. I have mine with sand and they seem to enjoy it.
They can and will kill 'outsiders' I had mine in with 4 3-4"plecos and they managed to kill them all at 1-2"

Depending on the size of them that 3rd one could be guarding eggs, they are a substrate spawner
Back to top Go down
Addictedtofish
Private
Private
Addictedtofish

Favorite Fish: : Altolamprologus Compressiceps and Calvus.

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus brichardi   neolamprologus brichardi Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 7:40 pm

There around 3", I was just watching the one and one of the chimba's came close by the crevice of the rock where it was and it came out after it a few inches then retreated back to the spot, but I didnt see anything laying on the ground nor is there a dug out pit. Im sure its just getting acclimated to the tank since its only been a day, I was only worried since none of my other fish behave like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: neolamprologus brichardi   neolamprologus brichardi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

neolamprologus brichardi
Page 1 of 1