UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Aponogeton Ulvaeous

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Aponogeton Ulvaeous Empty
PostSubject: Aponogeton Ulvaeous   Aponogeton Ulvaeous Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 4:49 pm

I was given this plant as a bulb out of a tank at Walmart. The employee was going to throw it away because she thought it was dead so I said I'd take it. I knew it was an Apo but didn't know what kind.

Apos go into dormant stages where they lose all there leaves. I brought this one home put it in a plastic breathable bag and stuck it in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, I took it out let it get to room temp and stuck it in my 55 gal tank. This is a picture of it after 3 weeks. At 12 weeks it was to the top of the tank and had about 20 leaves. At this time about 10 months later it is dormant again.

I lucked out with this find. It's a great plant for large tanks as they get huge. It almost filled 1/3rd of my 55 gal by itself when at it's peak.

[img]Aponogeton Ulvaeous 63vq5x[/img]
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

PostSubject: Re: Aponogeton Ulvaeous   Aponogeton Ulvaeous Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 2:38 pm

Thats a nice plant! Right place at the right time, congrats cheers
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Aponogeton Ulvaeous   Aponogeton Ulvaeous Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 2:51 pm

Aponogeton Ulvaeous Cool_p12 Good Luck!! Aponogeton Ulvaeous 393849
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Aponogeton Ulvaeous   Aponogeton Ulvaeous Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 2:51 pm

wow. thats really cool!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aponogeton Ulvaeous   Aponogeton Ulvaeous Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 3:17 pm

It was dormant so I just put it back it the tank today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aponogeton Ulvaeous   Aponogeton Ulvaeous Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aponogeton Ulvaeous
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: General :: Library :: Freshwater :: Plants-
Jump to: