UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!

Go down 
+4
BFinley
Holey Rock of Texas
ilicurtisili
mshill90
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa

18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Empty
PostSubject: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/6/2010, 4:37 pm

As some of you know, I have an indoor koi tank of 1500 gallons... It's just temporary until we complete our in the process pond.

We have koi from 20" to 2" in this tank, as well as a few goldfish types, and some Chinese Hi Fin Banded Loaches, and possibly soon, our common pleco who's habitating in a 75 gallon at the moment.

Yesterday we finally introduced 8 new koi into the tank that we had in QT for quite some time. 6 smaller ones from Blue Ridge that we bought from a local and trusted koi dealer, and 2 from Hanover Koi. The largest being an Ochiba from Hanover at 10"..

I have been wanting to measure my largest female for quite some time. She's 8 months old, and she was 14" when we got her. She's a Chagoi. We measured her last night at 18". After she was done being measured in the blue tub, she got spooked and flopped out of the tub, and ended up landing 2 feet down smack onto the concrete floor.. I thought she was done for. The first sign of stress was when she started spurting out blood from her gills as soon as we netted her.. So she's bleeding, and flopping, and then we finally get her back into the tank. She sat on the bottom for awhile. I was afraid she was going to die. Well, the blood from the gills is normal in larger female koi when stressed, so the only thing that worried me was that drop...

Well in the meantime she's chilling on the bottom, I decided to see how they liked oranges. They loved them. I would throw in some slices, and come back, and in 10 minutes they were gone.

So I gave them some this morning, and then I went out for a few hours. I came back, and the ENTIRE top of the tank is foamy. Not real bad, but enough that you know something isn't right. I'm looking, and looking, and I am thinking "oh, it's from the orange peels".. so I begin scooping them out, and then something caught my eye...

At first I thought they were snail eggs, but they weren't there this morning, and there were too many... stuck on the liner are all these little eggs..

So I am thinking... When I went down there, there was a lot of noise going on, and it was from my large Male Kohaku.. And now, my female Chagoi is skinny.. Not plump like yesterday. So I put 2 and 2 together.

My Kohaku spawned with my Chagoi! cheers All I have to do now is wait for my 20" GR Asagi to spawn because she is fatttttttt!!!

None of the eggs were salvageable as they got pushed above the water line in the tank, but you got to start somewhere.
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/6/2010, 4:42 pm

worthlesswopic
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/6/2010, 5:23 pm

Yesterday

18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Chagoi10

Today

18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! 100_4610

There were tons more eggs than this, but I tried to use water to get off as much as I could back into the water, so this is the only pic I got.

18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! 100_4517
Back to top Go down
ilicurtisili
Admin
Admin
ilicurtisili

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/6/2010, 5:59 pm

nice koi you got there!!!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/6/2010, 6:55 pm

nice.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/7/2010, 2:13 pm

Very nice koi you got!!

yes
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/7/2010, 2:25 pm

congrats!!!!!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/7/2010, 4:03 pm

Wow! Very Nice!
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/7/2010, 6:37 pm

nice fish and pics. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/7/2010, 7:39 pm

I just wished I was there! GRRR!!! It's frustrating because I was only gone for 4 hours. The couldn't have waited? haha!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/7/2010, 8:20 pm

It never fails. My fish used to do the same thing!
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime6/7/2010, 10:35 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!   18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

18" Female Chagoi Spawned!!!
Page 1 of 1