UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Kens fish food.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:02 am

anyone noticed that the prices on his food have been going up a bunch over the past 6 months. i think it is over a 0.50 increase per pound. i wish there was another option that was a cheap!!!!
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:22 am

Make your own!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:30 am

He does Have great food. And it is still a decent price with low shipping. Pluss his cichlid attack food has many raves from many fish hobbyists
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:36 am

does it now. read this

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324394&highlight=nls+kens&page=3

then this

http://www.newlife.ipbhost.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=328
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:37 am

don't want to read it ...Summarize it for us
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:43 am

Premium foods use as little as 20% (or less) binding agent, while lower quality foods can be as high as 60% (or more) of middling and flour
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:45 am

Binders (like wheat flour) and animal by-products are the key word .
Once I see those two I stay away from those food fish
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:48 am

If you don't like his food and cAn't afford it don't buy it. Why bash the products there's lots of fish hobbyists that like his feed and had great success withit and don't mind paying the extra .50
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:52 am

all i am saying it look at the label. it maybe worth a little extra money to feed your fish something different. since the price has come up near the other brands.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:54 am

See what you did David? crazy

On a positive note: we need to feed our pets healthy food. Something that would mimic their natural diet. Feeding fish aimal by products is not natural and along with other binders that are not meant for tropical fish.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 11:24 am

CajunGator wrote:
If you don't like his food and cAn't afford it don't buy it. Why bash the products there's lots of fish hobbyists that like his feed and had great success withit and don't mind paying the extra .50

Kens fish food. 858205

He probley has a good reason for the price raise. Some cost for him might have went up somewhere. I will still buy his food for .50cents more.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 11:26 am

i am thinking about switching to another brand. not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 11:28 am

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
i am thinking about switching to another brand. not sure yet.

This sounds appealing to me:

Xtreme Cichlid Diet:

A 1.5 mm slow sinking pellet Formulated and used exclusively by aquatic breeders with over 40 years of experience. A hearty combination of high quality proteins and carbohydrates. Can be used across the board as a balanced diet accepted by most fish. Does not need to be supplemented. Cichlid Diet is a complete and balanced diet that promotes aggressive feeding, strengthens natural immune systems and enhances natural fish color, (not artificially or unnaturally manipulated.) If fed properly, it will not cloud or discolor water.

Main Ingredients: Krill Meal, Fish Meal, Shrimp Meal, Spirulina, Fish Oil, and Vitamin supplements.

Guaranteed Analysis: Protein 38%, Fat 5%, Fiber 4.5%

Kens sells this too along with NLS Kens fish food. 690297
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 11:31 am

yeah i saw that. i am not switching away from kens site just his brand and that is if i even do switch. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kens fish food. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kens fish food.   Kens fish food. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kens fish food.
Page 1 of 1