UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Are you a victim of this?

Go down 
+23
colleen0309
luis
istrober
Dabula
VAMPY
BLimon
Mlegion1988
Fish_Love
mshill90
pillierox1
CSnyder00
snowflake311
BFinley
alkomist
jcsmit7
proyect01
hydrodmg
thebanker
Holey Rock of Texas
CajunGator
JACK D
h0ngkn0t2
KMX
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Are you a victim?
1. Yes
Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
2. No
Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
3. Hell no!!!
Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Vote_lcap85%Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 85% [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 7:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Do you pay $13.99 for "Mixed Africans"?

Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 1pricy10

Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 1deadf10
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 8:25 am

I used to be the cashier at a chain pet store. One day a customer carried two bags up to my register. In one bag was a gourami and in the other was an oscar. Hmmm! I asked the customer casually where they going to put them together. Why yes, we are! Size of the tank....20 gallon!! I politely informed them that they could have the gourami if they wanted it but no way should they be buying an oscar. Not only for the size of their tank but that it would grow up and eat their gourami too! Rolling Eyes They gladly handed back the oscar and went about their day with their purchase.

After working there a while usual customers would come up to my register and ask if I could go back to the aquatics section and help them because they didn't trust the people back there. If not busy I always went with them. I got dirty looks a few times for recommending things that meant I wasn't 'upselling' the products. I just have a more natural approach to fishkeeping and don't like all the chemicals that some would recommend.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 8:35 am

I like you already! lol!
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 8:57 am

wildbeanerz ur kool!!!!!!

Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 379162
Back to top Go down
J*Hawk*83
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
J*Hawk*83

Favorite Fish: : Venestus
Trigger
Lionfish
Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 9:15 am

wildbeanerz,

Way to Go! yes
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 9:22 am

Awww you guys...make me blush!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 5:05 pm

Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 393849 Good job!
I just had to inform someone today that they could not put a 4" tiger Oscar in their 30g community tank with neon tetras and such. They said 'yes we can, my' reply was 'hes no longer for sale.'
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/26/2010, 5:05 pm

Good job!! Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 393849
Back to top Go down
colleen0309
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Discus, angelfish

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 6:42 am

Years ago I got fired because I refused to sell a 2" albino oscar to a kid with a 10 gallon community tank. I was told it was not my job to tell people what they could and couldn't keep. It was my job to sell fish. I only lasted 2 days at that job.
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 6:51 am

These are the biggest reasons that I don't shop for fish at chain stores. They are more about their bottom line than the hobby.

I will look at their fish if in the store and then go back to my LFS and ask them what they think of it and if they can get me one. :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 7:03 am

I started as a customer at my lfs, its a little private owned store and we are allowed to refuse a sale cheers
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 7:08 am

That is awesome Fern!!

That's why I love my fish guys. They set me straight when I think too big! :)
Back to top Go down
Mlegion1988
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Mlegion1988

Favorite Fish: : Oscars, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime8/29/2010, 9:00 pm

wildbeanerz wrote:
I used to be the cashier at a chain pet store. One day a customer carried two bags up to my register. In one bag was a gourami and in the other was an oscar. Hmmm! I asked the customer casually where they going to put them together. Why yes, we are! Size of the tank....20 gallon!! I politely informed them that they could have the gourami if they wanted it but no way should they be buying an oscar. Not only for the size of their tank but that it would grow up and eat their gourami too! Rolling Eyes They gladly handed back the oscar and went about their day with their purchase.

After working there a while usual customers would come up to my register and ask if I could go back to the aquatics section and help them because they didn't trust the people back there. If not busy I always went with them. I got dirty looks a few times for recommending things that meant I wasn't 'upselling' the products. I just have a more natural approach to fishkeeping and don't like all the chemicals that some would recommend.

Upselling is all that Those chain stores want you to do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a victim of this?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: General Freshwater Fish Discussion-
Jump to: