UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ashkan
Private
Private

Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides? Empty
PostSubject: Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides?   Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides? Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 9:04 pm

A guy from cr a ig s list said that he is willing to sell me 2 400 watt metal halides with a dual ballast for $350. The ballast is a Hamilton but the two bulbs are put in a cheap looking reflector about a foot apart from each other so I don't know if it is worth it. I was kind of hoping for something with glass to protect the bulbs from moisture.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides?   Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides? Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 7:09 am

Not a good deal. The reflector is the main part of MH bulbs giving off the correct lighting. This would be a great deal if it was a complete fixture with original reflectors.
Without proper reflectors, a 400watt bulb could burn through. They produce a lot of heat.
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides?   Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides? Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 12:26 pm

if it was cheaper price and you were handy and could make a better housing.
even that way it could be worth it, but buying a used balasst is risky since they are not cheap on the market.

i used to buy used lighting, they always broke afetr a years worth of use.
save up if i were you.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides?   Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides? Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 4:52 pm

i agree with Nitty, that is a lot of money for a cover that is now complete. where does all that heat go???

Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides? 858205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides?   Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I getting a good deal on these metal halides?
Page 1 of 1