UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish

Go down 
+2
KMX
typicaltony
6 posters
AuthorMessage
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Empty
PostSubject: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 7:23 pm

Just got me 2 from Just for Pets. They are awesome. Anyone have any experience keeping them? Read online that some keep in freshwater and some keep in brack with success and failure in both, mixed review pretty much. Hopefully i can keep them successfully, Just for Pets have had them for over a month in FW.

Mine are about 6"-8" and are chilling in the 80g with my EBJD. They are very chill and laid back. From what they told me and from what i read, these guys are poisonous but aren't fatal, they will leave your hands numb and painful if the sting you. So i've been very careful dealing with them.

They are currently with a ~3" EBJD and this weekend im getting 3 small Ind. Datnoids. I might get 1 or 2 Bichirs (either Ornate or Endli) to complete the tank... then i will have to worry about stocking a 180g im getting this weekend. Oh yea i also have a bunch of Endler fry i threw in as food for them. They also get Hikari Cichlid Bio-Gold + and Hikari Food Sticks, fina go buy some Massivore Delite and Sinking Carnivore Pellets.

allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Toadfi10

allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Toadfi11

allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Toadfi12

allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish 80g10
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 8:18 pm

Woah. That is kick @$$. Looks like they could do some damage. Nice pick up.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/3/2010, 11:01 pm

KMX wrote:
Woah. That is kick @$$. Looks like they could do some damage. Nice pick up.

they are very chill only aggressive when they have to eat.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 8:35 am

Awesome fish!!!

allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish 67702
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 8:45 am

cool fish tony and i love the new tank. thanks for sharring.
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 12:22 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
cool fish tony and i love the new tank. thanks for sharring.

Thanks dude, just wait til i get my 180g lol!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 12:25 pm

nice. you are quikly moving up in the world. so did you break up with the girl or did she loosen the rains? lol. congratz!!! are you getting deco's 180?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 4:50 pm

now that is surreal.... Great Aquascaping... Contratz

yes
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 6:48 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
nice. you are quikly moving up in the world. so did you break up with the girl or did she loosen the rains? lol. congratz!!! are you getting deco's 180?

I know right, the new job is paying the bill! Still with her hahaha. Told her about it and since it was a great deal, she couldn't say no either. Yea im getting it from Deco... That tank probably wont be complete til end of summer, still trying to work out the 80g now...

CajunGator wrote:
now that is surreal.... Great Aquascaping... Contratz

yes

Thanks... i just dont like the beginning phase when everything is trying to acclimate and stuff are melting away and cr@p floating everywhere.. Hopefully in a month or so, id like the front to be covered in the sags and have a grassy field look to it.. and hopefully the swords will fill out. I got some watersprites coming in and they will be on the right and hopefully it will grow out bushy and fill the right side..
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/4/2010, 8:47 pm

Very nice specimen. These fish don't normally look that dark. Very nice fish!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime5/5/2010, 4:00 pm

well congratz on getting a huge tank. post pics after you get it!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish   allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

allenbatrachus grunniens aka Grunting Toadfish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Aggressive Fish-
Jump to: