UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

decor for a cichlid tank

Go down 
+4
Holey Rock of Texas
cjacob316
CajunGator
jcsmit7
8 posters

which is better set up for decor
1-lots of decor
decor for a cichlid tank Vote_lcap17%decor for a cichlid tank Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
2-minum amount of decor
decor for a cichlid tank Vote_lcap17%decor for a cichlid tank Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
3-somewhere in the middle.
decor for a cichlid tank Vote_lcap66%decor for a cichlid tank Vote_rcap
 66% [ 8 ]
4- other, pm me your ideas.
decor for a cichlid tank Vote_lcap0%decor for a cichlid tank Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

decor for a cichlid tank Empty
PostSubject: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 9:27 am

trying to figure out if doing lots of decor or keeping it to a minum or somewhere inbetween would be best for my cichlids from Lake Tanganyika.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 11:17 am

hi, i normally use minimal decor but is just a preference! everyone likes different things. Especially if you wanting plants, then its a totally different setup. Look at the members gallery and see all the different schemes other members have used. Good luck on your aquascaping!
Back to top Go down
cjacob316
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 12:27 pm

it depends on what you are keeping, certain fish need certain things, as for ornaments, and fake plants, i would completely leave them out of a tang set-up for the most part, with the exception of some fake val if you want

some of the species really need a good bit of rocks though, shellies need shells, it's a must.

it's not just as simple as saying decor, you need to specify what kind of decor you're talking about, and what species of fish
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 12:29 pm

this is a loaded question was we need mroe details on which tangs you are keeping.
Back to top Go down
sal
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
sal

Favorite Fish: : All Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 12:35 pm

If you do too much you will never see your fish, defeats the purpose of having them. I have a-lot of foot traffic in my house set up so i made sure to make a couple of hiding spots in case they get stressed, my little nephews like to knock on the glass. woof woof
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 12:57 pm

I always go with the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid) When setting up tanks. Sure all those elaborate rock piles and stuff look great but you don't want to be the one to clean in under and around them. For caves get some PVC fittings and silicone gravel and sand on them, easy to move and looks ok when disguised like that. Don't put something in there that will take more than 1/2 hour to dismantle to clean.
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 1:06 pm

i have compressiceps, calvus's, gobbies and Neolamprologus helianthus Sunflower's getting a bit tired of having the compressicps and calvus's staying in the decor, ie tree roots and large fake rocks. looking at getting things they can not stay in when removing from the tank for cleaning
Back to top Go down
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain
Rachael0805

Favorite Fish: : Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror...

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 1:35 pm

I like to make sure there are plenty of spaces for my fish to hide and thats it. So plenty of caves and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 3:22 pm

Rachael0805 wrote:
I like to make sure there are plenty of spaces for my fish to hide and thats it. So plenty of caves and nothing else.
decor for a cichlid tank 858205 fish
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 3:28 pm

Give us a picture of your tank now and then we should be able to analyze it and see if it needs decor or not
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 3:29 pm

if you look at my pics i have a few of the 125 with different configurations.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime2/26/2010, 3:31 pm

I would take some of the decor out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: decor for a cichlid tank   decor for a cichlid tank Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

decor for a cichlid tank
Page 1 of 1